Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,308,094 times

Advertisements

Is anyone interested in reading the bible in 90 days.

I did this program with Pastor Jamal Bryant, reading the bible in 90 days and I really enjoyed it and learned alot.

All you have to do is read a certain amount a day. But if you fall behind you are responsible to catch up and keep on schedule.

I was just wondering if there were people out their who would like to do this with me.

Here is the schedule, I will probably start in a couple of days, and just wanted to see who wanted to go on this journey with me.

Also, if others want to do this, we could encourage each other and even talk about what we read everyday. We could even talk about certain scripture if someone has questions about a particular scripture that is not understood.

http://www.havenministries.com/schedule.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,349,054 times
Wow, my friend, that is an undertaking. I am currently reading through the bible now, but with 2 jobs and 3 kids I don't know if I could tackle this. Best of luck to you. I am in the middle of Song of Solomon and chipping away, day after day, week after week. God bless ya.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Wow, my friend, that is an undertaking. I am currently reading through the bible now, but with 2 jobs and 3 kids I don't know if I could tackle this. Best of luck to you. I am in the middle of Song of Solomon and chipping away, day after day, week after week. God bless ya.
If you can't do it now, you can still do it one day. I really enjoyed reading through the entire bible and I'm about to do it again. It's really not that hard, you just have to have time.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:55 AM

But I do relize that this is something that could be of a challeng to people.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,190,414 times
Quality, not quantity. Make sure you can meditate and listen to what the Spirit is saying.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 AM

of course

Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 PM

319 posts, read 1,464,098 times
um.. the AVERAGE person. CAN READ. the entire bible in 40 hours !

The entire new testament is the same as a 275 page book, I can read that in one day.

Let me tell you one of the greatest 'habits' to clutch on to. Habits are very hard to break - whether it be a good one, or a negative one.

Lets start a GREAT habit to ENJOY !!

ON any given month, you read, the chapter, that corresponds to the day of the month.

The book of Proverbs has 31 chapters - most months, have 31 days.

Why ? do I say the book of Proverbs ? It is in the center (heart) of the bible, (as well as psalms).

Proverbs has MORE WISDOM for daily living, than any other book in the entire bible.

so, on day one of a month. you read proverbs chapter 1, day two, chapter 2. etc.

In one years time you will have read THAT book, 12 times, in 10 years, 120 times. guess what ?? your gonna learn something that very few people have ever learned or understood !!

AND.... ... .. if you memorize just 3 verses a day.. .. in one year you will have the entre book memorized !! all 31 chapters !!

To have that: in your heart, it's worth more than all the riches in the world combined!

Ok-bye

Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
um.. the AVERAGE person. CAN READ. the entire bible in 40 hours !

The entire new testament is the same as a 275 page book, I can read that in one day.

Let me tell you one of the greatest 'habits' to clutch on to. Habits are very hard to break - whether it be a good one, or a negative one.

Lets start a GREAT habit to ENJOY !!

ON any given month, you read, the chapter, that corresponds to the day of the month.

The book of Proverbs has 31 chapters - most months, have 31 days.

Why ? do I say the book of Proverbs ? It is in the center (heart) of the bible, (as well as psalms).

Proverbs has MORE WISDOM for daily living, than any other book in the entire bible.

so, on day one of a month. you read proverbs chapter 1, day two, chapter 2. etc.

In one years time you will have read THAT book, 12 times, in 10 years, 120 times. guess what ?? your gonna learn something that very few people have ever learned or understood !!

AND.... ... .. if you memorize just 3 verses a day.. .. in one year you will have the entre book memorized !! all 31 chapters !!

To have that: in your heart, it's worth more than all the riches in the world combined!

Ok-bye
Thank you, but I think I would rather read through the entire bible. I have already but I want to go back through. I want to know the bible and understand what's in it. I think for me I plan to read through the bible and then just start over. It works for me.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:49 AM

319 posts, read 1,464,098 times
I have read the entire bible over 400 times.

I have studied it in English, greek & hebrew

In Point Hope (Eskimo village) I read the entire bible (over the cb radio) to the people 4 times, then I began to teach it !!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
I have read the entire bible over 400 times.

I have studied it in English, greek & hebrew

In Point Hope (Eskimo village) I read the entire bible (over the cb radio) to the people 4 times, then I began to teach it !!
Do you know the language hebrew and greek since you have studied the bible in that language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity