Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,287,322 times

Advertisements

I have read and listened to a few topics on angels and their origin the different types and their tasks, but I would like more input on those that worship angels, statues of angels and support from the scriptures
Are we as believers ever supposed to summon an angel?
If not why?
Thanks for your input
God Bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,890,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I have read and listened to a few topics on angels and their origin the different types and their tasks, but I would like more input on those that worship angels, statues of angels and support from the scriptures
Are we as believers ever supposed to summon an angel?
If not why?
Thanks for your input
God Bless you

No, as believers we are not supposed to "summon" angels...nor worship them. We are supposed to worship God only. Those who worship angels are on extremely dangerous ground...IMO it's demonic. Angels origin is they are beings created by God. You can't summon or command them to do anything, as they are in obeyance only to God, not man. The only angels I've heard of that man has summoned have all been fallen angels...IE: demons. And, of course, they want you to summon them...
The way God's angels appear in our everyday lives is you pray to God the Father first when you have a need, and if He thinks the situation warrants it, then He sends His angels to help you. As I understand it, there are several different types of angels...archangels, cherabim, seraphim, etc. and perhaps as many as a half-dozen other types...all with different duties and assignments.

I believe I am still alive today because of an angel. No, I didn't see one, but here in a nutshell is what happened: in the winter of 1971, in Seward, Alaska, I was about to drive over an unseen cliff in a blinding snowstorm, on my snowmachine, when suddenly, for no apparent reason, my machine instantly spun sideways and stopped (I mean it stopped RIGHT NOW, INSTANTLY, AND SIDEWAYS like it had hit a solid brick wall)...some 10 to 12 feet short of a 300 foot vertical drop-off. I never saw it coming. When I got up off the snowmachine and stood up to see what happened, then I saw the near-vertical precipice I'd almost driven off of. It appeared to be about 100 yards to the bottem. I was speechless, and couldn't stop shaking from head to toe for hours and hours. I mean, 4 or 5 hrs later I was still shaking and trembling. I KNEW I'd been within a split-second of death, and something unusual had spared me. My cousin, and uncle, who were following right behind me also stopped...because now I was "blocking the way". For some reason, my uncle thought the whole incident was funny and he laughed and laughed...

PS: thank you for spelling angels correctly...so many times I see people posting about "angles". Yes, there are "angles" in heaven, but it involves geometry...

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 05-06-2009 at 01:09 AM..

Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,795,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
PS: thank you for spelling angels correctly...so many times I see people posting about "angles". Yes, there are "angles" in heaven, but it involves geometry...

Bud
Are there saxons as well as angles in heaven? Do the saxons know geometry or maybe algebra or something?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM

Thanks Bud;
I have heard people claim to have seen angels, those are demons right?
The fallen angels that are seeking a host.
is this what the scripture references "satan goes to and fro, upon the earth seeking whom he may devour" ?(paraphrased)
a person that has basically a vacuum in their spirit is a likely candidate?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 AM

what about those who have angels as staures in front of their homes
sometimes I'm out taking a drive, and I will see a house with huge statues of angels
is this art are are these people looking to them for assistance?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,107 times
Angels guide us and keep us safe. All of the fallen angels from the Lucifer rebellion have been rehabiltated. This is from Christ Michael. No angel will hurt another of God's creatures.
Each person has a Guardian Angel. Sometimes more. When you interact with them, they guide you in everything. They warn of danger and keep you from harm if it's permissable. They still have to answer to God but they have been known to save lives if those lives are not yet to be called to Heaven, as in the above story by BudinAK.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Angels guide us and keep us safe. All of the fallen angels from the Lucifer rebellion have been rehabiltated. This is from Christ Michael. No angel will hurt another of God's creatures.
Each person has a Guardian Angel. Sometimes more. When you interact with them, they guide you in everything. They warn of danger and keep you from harm if it's permissable. They still have to answer to God but they have been known to save lives if those lives are not yet to be called to Heaven, as in the above story by BudinAK.
What verse is that?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What verse is that?
Sorry Fundy. I missed the part where the OP asked for scripture. Disregard my answer.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What verse is that?
You shouldn't yell at people. It causes heart attacks in your later years!! just a heads up.

When you bold, it seems like yelling.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,577,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You shouldn't yell at people. It causes heart attacks in your later years!! just a heads up.

When you bold, it seems like yelling.
Caps is yelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity