Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,667,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
But the right wing are right about the principly ultimately scarce commodity. And the right wing can have the monotheistc God for any systemic change in government. <smiley>
uuuuhhhhhhh.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Carolina.. can you state your position one way or another. Do you understand currency exchange rates and fluctuations? Do you understand what a reserve currency is? Do you understand what they are talking about when they say "a new global currency"?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Carolina.. can you state your position one way or another. Do you understand currency exchange rates and fluctuations? Do you understand what a reserve currency is? Do you understand what they are talking about when they say "a new global currency"?
My position is that we are headed for global governance, that will very likely encompass a global currency, which may lead to the Mark of the Beast system. I understand your position concerning reserves, although I do not quite understand reserves themselves. What I do know is, there is much talk, nearly every day about a new currency, a global currency, from world leaders and the news media. Sometimes they say reserves, sometimes they do not. The fact that they are talking in such global terms is astounding in light of Bible prophecy. Those of us who have discernment for these times understand the direction this is headed, whether we are 1 year or 5 years away.

At the least, the talk of new reserve currency is a bridge between where we are now, and where the global economy will be under the Beast system, imho.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:03 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
My position is that we are headed for global governance, that will very likely encompass a global currency, which may lead to the Mark of the Beast system.
Then can you post something that actually relates to the world using a "global currency". Everything you have posted speaks to leaders looking to a new global currency as it relates to their exchange reserves.

Additionally when they say "new global currency" (read as exchange reserves) they are actually speaking to finding a global currency that can change the dominance of the dollar as the overwhelming favorite (like 69%) of countries around the world currency reserve.

So by new.. essentially they are looking to use Euros or the Yen more and less of the dollar. That in itself would nullify your argument since that means more diversification in exchange reserves around the world (in effect Euros, more Yen etc and less dollars.. thus even MORE options.. which means less of one single currency reserve dominating like the U.S. dollar as for so long).

Quote:
I understand your position concerning reserves, although I do not quite understand reserves themselves. What I do know is, there is much talk, nearly every day about a new currency, a global currency, from world leaders and the news media.
Thats why I'm trying to explain it to you. Nobody is talking about a new currency (i.e. a new paperback or coin). They are talking essentially about shifting their exchange reserves from dollars into something like Euros or Yen. Its sabre rattling.. its taking digs at the U.S. for being so very reckless with their financial institutions and quite frankly its well deserved.

Quote:
Sometimes they say reserves, sometimes they do not.
Because they are jounalists and they are idiots. Exchange reserves are boring. Saying "a new world currency" without explaining what they mean means more clicks.. more newspapers sold. Its incumbant upon the educated masses like yourself and others to filter the crap and glean the truth.

Quote:
The fact that they are talking in such global terms is astounding in light of Bible prophecy.
I can't or won't argue that. I will say that we do live in a global economy. Overall that is a good thing as it helps to diversify the risk globally. However the world (read as 1st world financial insitutions) messed up big time.. like really big time. As such the entire global financial system is in flux and will more than likely stay there. Again think "L" shaped recovery for the time being.

Quote:
Those of us who have discernment for these times understand the direction this is headed, whether we are 1 year or 5 years away.
I don't bemoan the fact that you think that way. I just wish (hope) that when you post these items that you provide some clarification along with it instead of whipping some people up into a frenzy.. cause that seems like thats your intention. Its about providing facts and not twisting a story to suit a belief. Thats all I'm asking. Nothing more. I mean if your argument is that a change in exchange currency policies by countries around the world reflects what the bible says.. well then thats a better argument because at least thats what happening (with regards to the currencies). How you would back that up from a biblical standpoint I don't know but at least you are dealing with facts and not conjecture. I'm not saying you are twisting deliberately but its twisting nonetheless. You are a bright guy and I just wish that if you are going to make an argument you make one that is based on actual facts and not misinformation or misrepresentation.

Quote:
At the least, the talk of new reserve currency is a bridge between where we are now, and where the global economy will be under the Beast system, imho.
And finally.. thats at least an argument based on facts. Now we can get somewhere.

I'd love to discuss how changes in currency reserves are an indication of bibilical prophesy.

I don't bust your chops on this because I don't agree with you. I don't agree with you because I just don't. I've busted your chops in this thread because the baseline of your assumption has been wrong. Your last quote is spot on from a debate standpoint because now at least we are talking apples to apples.

OT but as I was writing this lightining struck outside my office.

I'm just saying..

Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

OT but as I was writing this lightining struck outside my office.

I'm just saying..
Laugh out loud literally, be back later...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity