Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 PM

23,040 posts, read 34,507,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What did you expect? The people wanted a Saviour, God was'nt enough.
This sadly is what I expected and worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,881,764 times
The liberals got what they wanted. Evil wins again! I'm afraid we ain't seen nuttin yet!

Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,465,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

Imagine being African American and NOT voting for Obama! I weathered the storm.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,554,661 times
I knew that this would be one of the first things he'd do, so I'm not surprised. I emailed his new website yesterday pleading my case, but I doubt he even reads them.

Before the election I told anyone who'd listen what this man was like...it's a sad day for sure. Now, with the liberal congress we have, there is no end to what he can do!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:16 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,098,274 times
Hmm.. Global gag rule probably actually led to more pregnancies and thus more abortions since the gag rule denied contraceptive supplies and services to organizations who didn't abide by the gag rule..

with more money.. the NGOs get funding.. which in turn means contraceptive supplies and services.. which reduces abortions (less pregnancies)..

So.. just to recap:

Bush cuts funding and probably increases abortions worldwide
Obama reinstates funding and probably decreases abortions worldwide

Brilliant.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,416,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
I knew that this would be one of the first things he'd do, so I'm not surprised. I emailed his new website yesterday pleading my case, but I doubt he even reads them.

Before the election I told anyone who'd listen what this man was like...it's a sad day for sure. Now, with the liberal congress we have, there is no end to what he can do!!!
I don't really understand of what consequence this is to someone professing Christianity since they are commanded to keep separate from the world amyway. It's the world's business, so let'em take care of it. If Christians were instructed by Jesus to rise up and revolt against governmental moves they considered unchristian, then why did'nt Christians oppose the unchristian policies of 1933 Nazi Germany and Facist Italy ??? Rather than oppose, they gave them their full support as they do in any country. Maybe it's time to look at things from a Biblical angle for once.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 PM

605 posts, read 1,111,854 times
Are you people serious??? Where was all this outrage when Christian conservative Bush was having his military drop bombs on innocent children in Iraq at the start of his make believe war? And seriously, do you guys REALLY care what the hell happen to these children once they are born? Where is the outrage, protest and action to try to stop kids from exterminating themselves in the inner cities? At least be consistent with your outrage, protest and actions and stop being so damn hypocritical and running with the paranoia.

Obama is now the great, "evil" anti-Christ because he did not campaign with a bible and Gospel speak to tickle your ears? I mean, give me a break! Sheesh!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,416,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Are you people serious??? Where was all this outrage when Christian conservative Bush was having his military drop bombs on innocent children in Iraq at the start of his make believe war? And seriously, do you guys REALLY care what the hell happen to these children once they are born? Where is the outrage, protest and action to try to stop kids from exterminating themselves in the inner cities? At least be consistent with your outrage, protest and actions and stop being so damn hypocritical and running with the paranoia.

Obama is now the great, "evil" anti-Christ because he did not campaign with a bible and Gospel speak to tickle your ears? I mean, give me a break! Sheesh!
Well at least we finally agree on something

Old 01-23-2009, 11:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,552,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
There was many times when the Children of Israel forsook God and to bring them back to their senses they lost their homeland. It maybe that time for the US, we may have entered a path that we can not escape from. If history has a way of repeating itself....which it usually does....the path to forgiveness is normally painful.

No "Christian" nation would elect someone who is thought of and is referred to as the "only hope for the US and the world" and is called by some as the messiah.

If history has a way of repeating itself....which it usually does...and hope is found in goverment rather than God...and goverment spend billions (now trillion), when money is sought more than the Almighty....like in the late 1890's market crash and the 1929 market crash + depression, much of what was held dear was torn down....namely done by war (specifically WWI & WWII).

Is history repeating itself? Probably

It might do us well to pray for endurance of the upcoming chastisment than asking God to forgive our buyers remorse

Old 01-24-2009, 12:07 AM

605 posts, read 1,111,854 times
With all this fear and praying, can't all of you get together and pray FOR the president that he may see this wonderful truth you guys claim to have? How about considering Romans 13? Instead some of you want to hype up all kinds of unfounded conspiracy theories because you soooooo want to believe this is just another sign to Jesus coming back that you can't see the forest for the trees or as I used to hear - so heavenly minded you serve no earthly good.

The interesting thing is, there are millions of many Christians in this country who voted for and were happy to see Mr. Obama win the presidency for a million other reasons. I guess they are not True Christians™ like you guys because they voted for "evil," huh?

I would bet if Obama was a bumbling drunk, womanizer, arrogant, missle happy bastard who simply paid lip service to restricting abortion, returning prayers in school and claiming he believes in creation and God all his other shortcomings would have been glossed over simply because he acknowlegded the holy trinity of the fundamentalist/evangelical agenda:

1. Be against abortion

2. Be a proponent of intelligent design

3. Claim a belief in the god of the Bible and just say you're a Christian

Oh, I forgot...some would still be unable to see past his skin color no matter what he believed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity