Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:21 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,293,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I agree that a deep work of the Spirit is needed, but I believe that God can do a "severe correction" without destroying physical cities; take a look at the financial data this morning as there is an outright crisis on Wall Street - there's no doubt in my mind that many are crying out to Him in genuine repentance.

God is spirit, and our spirits are the first order of business imo.

Amen little elmer
As I was saying in my post above.
God Bless You
p.s. We as a people of God tend to have a talking problem; we talk too much, reason too much
We need to be more "doers of the word than hearers" agree? (we need to pray)
God Bless you

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 09-15-2008 at 09:44 AM..

Old 09-15-2008, 09:25 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,629,322 times
I don't see anything impressive about such a vague, and speculative "vision", (John was much better at this prophecy/revelation sort of thing. A little confusing, but lots more details). This is nothing more that just a lot of common sense, something we can all see the possibility of happening, nothing supernaturally directed. I'm sorry if this comes across as a bit ugly, but frankly, I get a little suspicious when anyone claims to have had a vision.

These cities are the centers of commerce, government, and massive population. There is nothing astounding in believing that they would be attacked by our enemies, if they were given the chance. We all understand that our country, (particularly the metro areas), is in constant grave danger, because we have a great many enemies who would like to see our downfall. Any country with large cities runs the risk of having them attacked by their enemies, for all the same reasons, particularly the ones that are more industrialized, more wealthy, more politically involved, (on an international scale).

Chicago is in the Midwest, New York and Washington are on the East coast, and Los Angeles is on the West. Nothing mysterious there. Our enemies, would naturally attack on all fronts, (and, at the same time, if possible). It's what any good general would do, during a battle.

A nuclear attack would be an obvious choice, by our enemies. Nothing remarkable there, either. The entire world has been under the shadow of such thing, since the test bombs were dropped, prior to heading to Japan.

People leaving cities? Yes, some probably are leaving out of fear of the possibility of horrible attacks, but, I daresay that most of the folks who are leaving are doing so because they are tired of the rat race. They want to live in the country, and get back to to a more simple way of living. I don't see anything mysterious, or prophetic about people moving to the country.

Obviously, it is possible that we could be attacked in such a fashion, (September 11 is the prime example of such an attempt), but, this doesn't mean that we definitely will be. And, should something actually occur, this still does not mean that America is the next Babylon. An attack on our country is not proof of God's judgement. It is proof that we have a lot of people who don't like us.

There is not a country in the world that is not beset with it's own sins, as it were, so I see no reason to assume that God is picking out America as being the worst of the worst. That's as illogical as saying that God picked New Orleans to be hit by Katrina, out of judgement for it's sins. I guess the idea that they were hurt so badly had nothing to do with the fact that New Orleans is in a bowl, surrounded by water, below sea level, with man made levees that couldn't handle the flood waters from Lake Pontchartrain, (and that the government, on all levels, messed up in a pretty horrible fashion).

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM

553 posts, read 570,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
First I just want to say thank you to all who responded in the other thread. It was very helpful and insightful.

I've never had to wrestle with something spiritually as much as I have this. I'm tired and I come with much trepidation, but I have no choice. God wants me to post it. He told me last night (no, not audibly)and today FIRMLY to "Proceed, and proceed with confidence." I have to do what He says, and I am. I know that having dreams and visions is supposed to be a gift, but I don't like it at all.

Once I post this thread, I'm outta here. I'm logging out, and you guys can feel free to discuss, criticize, bash, laugh, get angry, whatever....but I won't participate in it. I'm fulfilling God's request, but He did not say I had to do anything other than post it.

I'll say what needs to be said, explain it the best way I know how but I don't want to discuss it any further right now. All I know is what I will post, so you will know as much as I do. There's nothing more that I can add to it.

I had a vision that was actually in three parts. There's not much detail, because my visions are like snapshots. Extremely graphic, but short. Here's what I saw:

New York City will be annihilated
Washington, DC will be annihilated
Chicago will be annihilated
There will be a 4th area, but I did not see where the destruction would take place

It will happen simultaneously. Heaven was open, and a brilliant and large angel was watching. I don't have dates or times, it's just going to happen. I can only speculate on anything else. I did do some research on why it would be these cities, and I do have an idea of what might be the 4th area, but that's all I can do. I'll share what I think about those things. The only thing I know for certain is what I said above.

Why New York City? I think that's fairly obvious. It's the most populated city in the US, it's the epicenter of commerce, finance, culture and entertainment etc. etc......all the reasons that the terrorists struck NY before. There are 19.7 million people in the metro area, with 8.3 of them in the city itself.

Washington is fairly obvious too. Our government is housed there, and it would have to be destroyed. Completely annihilate a country's government, and chaos ensues.

Chicago was the one I was having trouble with. But, it is the 3rd largest city in America and is a dominant center of finance, industry and culture, as well as a major transportation hub. It has the 2nd busiest airport (O'Hare) and the metro area has 9.7 million people, with 3 million in the city. There are 44.2 million visitors to Chicago each year. Also, Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studio Headquarters is in Chicago. Why is that important? Because judgement is coming for Oprah, IMO.

So, we're looking at population, money and government. Taking out all three at once would bring America to it's knees, and it would become a 3rd world country pretty much overnight.

ALL is speculation on my part, and I'm speculating that Los Angeles would possibly be the 4th target. It is the 2nd most populated city. 3.8 million in the city and 12.9 more in the metro area.

Let's just say that it's all caused by terrorism. Nuclear weapons have a possibility of wiping out 1/5 of the population, according to the cities in my vision. If not from the initial blast, then the radioactive fallout that follows.

I don't know why I had this vision or why God wants me to share it. I have heard many stories of people feeling led to leave certain cities or even America, so maybe that's why. I am a believer in the Rapture, but I don't feel the Rapture will be happening before this happens.

I hope this is beneficial to someone, as scary as it is. Many, many people feel there is judgment coming on America, and now I do too. America could very well BE Babylon.
A few questions/points:

1. You did not provide the "sins" these cities are guilty of that would cause God to want to wipe them out well other than Chicago to an extent.

2. Why Oprah? So God is seeking to destroy Chicago because of Oprah? What about the Christians living there? Are you going to get in contact with them to tell them to leave the city?

3. Why not L.A which manufacturers the "filth" that Christians (like Dobson) are always decrying?

4. Why not Miami, the area where I live, where all kinds of drugs enter this country?

Also, some 20 years ago I had similar "visions." I was one of those Christians (back then) that was very enamored with the idea of the judgment of God. I loved me some pronouncement of woes upon evil and America was always my primie focus. I was so sure that God had it out for this wayward nation that had forgotten their "Christian" roots and God was going to make an example of her in much the same way he did Israel because we are somehow just as important to him. Funny thing is, now I look back at that with embarrassment.

Considering the world we live in, you could right, but I'm not ready to start building bomb shelters or running to Bora Bora. Then again, that Bora Bora thing sounds nice but it's not because I'm running from some impending judgement God seemed to have made privy to you. The things you have mentioned are VERY real possibilities, but I would venture to say that just anyone with a proper perspective can see just how such things coud happen. It would be nothing more than history repeating itself.

Oh well, I hope someone's prayer to avert these judegments trumps your visions. Have a good day.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post

What city is that??
I was under the impression that all cities are now sin city.
Las Vegas. I want to go so I want someone to offer up a prayer for God to hold off on the pestilences, famines and brimstone from heaven until I go and come back. I'm special you know.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,293,367 times
Question This must have went over your head

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
A few questions/points:

1. You did not provide the "sins" these cities are guilty of that would cause God to want to wipe them out well other than Chicago to an extent.

2. Why Oprah? So God is seeking to destroy Chicago because of Oprah? What about the Christians living there? Are you going to get in contact with them to tell them to leave the city?

3. Why not L.A which manufacturers the "filth" that Christians (like Dobson) are always decrying?

4. Why not Miami, the area where I live, where all kinds of drugs enter this country?

Also, some 20 years ago I had similar "visions." I was one of those Christians (back then) that was very enamored with the idea of the judgment of God. I loved me some pronouncement of woes upon evil and America was always my primie focus. I was so sure that God had it out for this wayward nation that had forgotten their "Christian" roots and God was going to make an example of her in much the same way he did Israel because we are somehow just as important to him. Funny thing is, now I look back at that with embarrassment.

Considering the world we live in, you could right, but I'm not ready to start building bomb shelters or running to Bora Bora. Then again, that Bora Bora thing sounds nice but it's not because I'm running from some impending judgement God seemed to have made privy to you. The things you have mentioned are VERY real possibilities, but I would venture to say that just anyone with a proper perspective can see just how such things coud happen. It would be nothing more than history repeating itself.

Oh well, I hope someone's prayer to avert these judegments trumps your visions. Have a good day.

Did you not read DOTL's post that said that he would not respond to any questions?
Just my opinion like you have yours;
I'm sure He has a mouth of his own;
I just assumed that you read the thread before posting
quote: Dayof the Lord
Once I post this thread, I'm outta here. I'm logging out, and you guys can feel free to discuss, criticize, bash, laugh, get angry, whatever....but I won't participate in it. I'm fulfilling God's request, but He did not say I had to do anything other than post it.

God Bless You

Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,031,837 times
jhwhshalomjr: DOTL was very aware when he posted that his thread would spark this kind of results. I think to post something like his "visions" and say that "God Told Him To Post It" and then drop out of the thread because he doesn't want to answer questions or comments is rather a cop-out. Good grief!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Did you not read DOTL's post that said that he would not respond to any questions?
Just my opinion like you have yours;
I'm sure He has a mouth of his own;
I just assumed that you read the thread before posting
quote: Dayof the Lord

God Bless You
She responded to an earlier poster despite that preface.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 PM

411 posts, read 1,167,320 times
So, who is DOTL saying is going to destroy these cities, God or America's enemies? If it's God, what did those cities do that is so sinful? What is sinful about being the center of commerce, culture, finance and having a large population?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:16 PM

5,526 posts, read 7,370,237 times
I don't live in New York, Chicago, or DC ( although I'm close ).

So... I REALLY want to know were that 4th place is.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,646,576 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;5267659]
ALL is speculation on my part, and I'm speculating that Los Angeles would possibly be the 4th target. It is the 2nd most populated city. 3.8 million in the city and 12.9 more in the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity