Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 07:45 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Hey Christygrl, where you been? -- good to see you!!
I've been learning the TRUTH! When you start to seriously study ancient comparative religions, ancient archeology, ancient history, astrotheology...it's hard not to find it. I seriously recommend it for all believers of any religion...it is imperative that they critically examine the faiths and beliefs they all claim allegiance to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I've been learning the TRUTH! When you start to seriously study ancient comparative religions, ancient archeology, ancient history, astrotheology...it's hard not to find it. I seriously recommend it for all believers of any religion...it is imperative that they critically examine the faiths and beliefs they all claim allegiance to.

What truth have you learned, Christy?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Amen Iron

If Paul is false this makes Peter and the boys false also for they all gave the right hand of fellowship to Paul.

By doing this (giving the right hand of fellowship) they become partakers of all Paul preached and if Paul preached falsehood Peter and the boys all partake of that falsehood.

And if that is the case we might as well just throw our bibles into the garbage for that would be all it is, Garbage.
Yep. That's about all I can add.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What truth have you learned, Christy?
After very serious study and critical examination of the the faith I've been believing in and holding as "truth"...I found out it was nothing but one big fat whopping LIE....myths and legends abound in the land of religiousity.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
After very serious study and critical examination of the the faith I've been believing in and holding as "truth"...I found out it was nothing but one big fat whopping LIE....myths and legends abound in the land of religiousity.
Christianity in general, or some aspect of it?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Christianity in general, or some aspect of it?
All of it Pleroo....from the OT to the NT. Now I know why there are so many inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible....because its all a big fat LIE...written by a bunch of big fat LYING men trying to control the masses. I am truly disgusted that I actually was duped for so long but that has ended...all it required was a little education instead of just blind faith following like a sheep to slaughter.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
All of it Pleroo....from the OT to the NT. Now I know why there are so many inconsistencies and contradictions in the bible....because its all a big fat LIE...written by a bunch of big fat LYING men trying to control the masses. I am truly disgusted that I actually was duped for so long but that has ended...all it required was a little education instead of just blind faith following like a sheep to slaughter.
You could certainly be correct. I've come to somewhat the same conclusion about the bible, but I still find myself hoping someone will provide evidence to the contrary. If you're willing to post what sources you've been studying, I'd be interested to know.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Apostle Paul did not proclaim to be a false prophet and the vision he seen at his convertion are simular to countless believer who the Lord Jesus choses for ministries in their pentecostal experiance the Lord Jesus will give a spiritual vision to all these people, Where mohummad did not recognise Jesus in his conversion, or Joseph Smith did not recognise Jesus in his conversion because if you do not recognise Jesus Christ in your vision than that is the false prophet for you must demand that the spirit confess the Jesus is Lord to be a Spirit of truth of the Lord God...... Where Apostle Pauls words in the Bible are anointed of Jesus Christ and most of these words have power through the Blood of Jesus and Holy Spirit will quicken Apostle Pauls words that Jesus gave to Paul which are most of the visions and revelations that Apostle Paul had....... Apostle Paul had every right to have the Holy Spirit Gift of Apostle because he had a vision of the revelation of the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ just as all believer who have been Baptized in the Holy Spirit have this witness to become an Apostle of Jesus Christ.....There is a lot of legalism in the Body of Believers and legalism is dry in the Holy Spirit..... If you need to discern the body of Believer the key is to bless all these people no matter false or true Son of God as people the Lord God loves and pray and support them all in your prayers, and Jesus will help them and help you....

Old 05-27-2010, 04:35 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
I agree we need to study and assess all things --- where my journey has brought me is to faith in God and also a knowledge that Judaism and christianity have used and added to what was shown to them of God for control of the people under them. That is my understanding.

At the time that I started this thread HotinAZ said to me "do not throw the baby out with the bath water" that has stuck with me........

I wish you well in your journeying.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I agree we need to study and assess all things --- where my journey has brought me is to faith in God and also a knowledge that Judaism and christianity have used and added to what was shown to them of God for control of the people under them. That is my understanding.

At the time that I started this thread HotinAZ said to me "do not throw the baby out with the bath water" that has stuck with me........

I wish you well in your journeying.

My parents both pretty much threw out the baby with the bathwater when they started studying. After seeing all the hypocrisy and BLINDNESS in the religious system, they just kind of gave up. My dad eventually started studying UR, though. I guess he was still hopeful.

I dropped EVERYTHING and just wandered around doing pretty much whatever I wanted, but I was still looking for truth. That nagging feeling just wouldn't let go.

I hope people realize that the myths and legends all have truths in them. Somebody rescuing this planet and bringing us back from death is a big part of that truth. I believe that whoever put us here is still here, and there is still hope.

Those humans that are in charge of this planet right now are blind and cannot bring about the changes we need. I look forward to the day when we will all be truly free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity