Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2021, 10:27 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Keep on spreading the Good News, Rosey. God Bless and your wonderful sources. You brighten my days.
I cannot help myself Mystic. The Good News has not captivated every heart just yet, but it shall.

No more let sin and sorrow grow, nor thorns infest the ground. He comes to make His blessings flow....

Far as the curse is found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxqH...ature=emb_logo

Old 02-20-2021, 11:54 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Default Whose loss is it?

15*Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.*2*And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3*And he spake this parable unto them, saying,*4*What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?*5*And when he hath found*it, he layeth*it*on his shoulders, rejoicing.*6*And when he cometh home, he calleth together*his*friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.*7*I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

It is the Sheppard's loss

8*Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find*it?*9*And when she hath found*it, she calleth*her*friends and*her*neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.*10*Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Its the owners loss

11*And he said, A certain man had two sons:*12*and the younger of them said to*his*father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth*to me.*And he divided unto them*his*living.*13*And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.*14*And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.*15*And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.*16*And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.*17*And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!*18*I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,*19*and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.*20*And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.*21*And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.*22*But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put*it*on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on*his*feet:*23*and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill*it;*and let us eat, and be merry:*24*for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25*Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.*26*And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.*27*And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.*28*And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.*29*And he answering said to*his*father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:*30*but as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.*31*And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.*32*It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

And if the son did not come back it would have been the fathers loss

If eternal torment or annihilation are true then it is God the Father who suffers the loss. Which would mean God is eternally tormented by loss.

Thank God the Father above that he will never suffer the loss of ONE let alone countless millions.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:59 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
15*Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.*2*And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3*And he spake this parable unto them, saying,*4*What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?*5*And when he hath found*it, he layeth*it*on his shoulders, rejoicing.*6*And when he cometh home, he calleth together*his*friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.*7*I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8*Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find*it?*9*And when she hath found*it, she calleth*her*friends and*her*neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.*10*Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
Its the owners loss

11*And he said, A certain man had two sons:*12*and the younger of them said to*his*father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth*to me.*And he divided unto them*his*living.*13*And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.*14*And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.*15*And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.*16*And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.*17*And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!*18*I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,*19*and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.*20*And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.*21*And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.*22*But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put*it*on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on*his*feet:*23*and bring hither the fatted calf, and kill*it;*and let us eat, and be merry:*24*for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25*Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.*26*And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.*27*And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.*28*And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.*29*And he answering said to*his*father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:*30*but as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.*31*And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.*32*It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

If eternal torment or annihilation are true then it is God the Father who suffers the loss. Which would mean God is eternally tormented by loss.

Thank God the Father above that he will never suffer the loss of ONE let alone countless millions.

Old 02-20-2021, 01:11 PM

Potential Saviour ?

OR

Potential lifeguards?

1. We are encouraging people to become involved in their own rescue.

2. Under new business: Peterson, at Hammond Point Beach, reports a person is flailing about and calling for help. Peterson wants to know what action, if anything he should take?

https://www.religiousforums.com/thre....237790/page-2

"God IS the Saviour of all mankind...."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 02-20-2021 at 01:21 PM..

Old 02-20-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:

Its the owners loss

Our God loses nothing! He is the God of miracles. After feeding multitudes with a few fish & bread refuses to allow one morsel to be wasted, not one!

He loses not one broken and bruised vessel of sin, not one!

Old 02-20-2021, 02:45 PM

The Wilderness Call

“Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will respond as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt. In that day, declares the Lord, you will call me ‘my husband’; you will no longer call me ‘my master.’ I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked. I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the Lord."

Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
The Problem is God cannot do anything in the earth without the faith of the saints, so God will suffer the loss of millions of people that he loses because he has no control over the sinners who thumb their nose at God, and Christians who pray or doesn't pray for them ................. I have heard countless faith building prophecies from God as God pleads His people to the great commission and said His son would have died for even just one person for heaven ..... See the Christians who hold the faith for their generation and will be judged on what they did and did not do with Jesus during their watch ..... See God could even be an ambulance service only before to prevent the accident happening, but His people need to pray is the prerequisite ......

Old 02-20-2021, 04:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times
Quote:

Its the owners loss

Afraid not! Because of free will man will choose, whether he realizes it or not, whether he will go to hell or not. It's not God's choice or will.

If man rejects Christ, his fate is plainly written in scripture. Man chooses his own way!

Old 02-20-2021, 04:16 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Afraid not! Because of free will man will choose, whether he realizes it or not, whether he will go to hell or not. It's not God's choice or will.
If man rejects Christ, his fate is plainly written in scripture. Man chooses his own way!
Men choose what they become by their choices and actions NOT what "precepts and doctrines of men" they follow. If they act like, think like, and love like Christ, they will become more compatible with Christ and God, vice versa.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:31 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Men choose what they become by their choices and actions NOT what "precepts and doctrines of men" they follow. If they act like, think like, and love like Christ, they will become more compatible with Christ and God, vice versa.
In the forefront stands a cross that our Saviour died on, it represents the price of sin that man couldn't pay.

It cost God His Son's miserable death and we think nothing of sin, it's just something we do.

I've got news for you, if you don't repent of those sins, God has created a special place for that person.

He is serious as heart failure about our sin! He doesn't aske much of us but He does demand us to repent and believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity