Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:48 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,514,405 times

Advertisements

I'm not even christian and I know that Jesus wasn't born in December.
I am pretty sure everyone knows that.

It's just a nice time to celebrate kindness and love. Remember friends and family and gather.

No reason to lose sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 04:55 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So what? Do you do anything Jesus didn't specifically command you to do? Do you enjoy sports? Movies? Do you have any hobbies? Jesus didn't command us to do a whole lot of things, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with doing them. Good grief, this nutso freaking out over Christmas is just plain ludicrous.
With all due respect Katzpur, sports, movies, hobbies or the like are Not necessarily connected to religious worship but are secular things. As long as wholesome are not unscriptural.

Would God approve of religious lies ? Isn't there a lot of religious lies connected to the so-called Christmas story ?

Isn't the Christmas story just Christian names or labels pasted on an already pre-Christian existing festival ?

Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm not even christian and I know that Jesus wasn't born in December.
I am pretty sure everyone knows that.
It's just a nice time to celebrate kindness and love. Remember friends and family and gather.
No reason to lose sleep.
How would Jesus' apostles have celebrated Christmas? It was an already pre-Christian celebration in Jesus' day.

Don't some people ' loose sleep ' over this ' national holiday of excessive consumer consumption ' when the bills arrive ?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times
You'd think if there was one day in the year when Christians could put aside their differences and celebrate their oneness, it would be Christmas.

Yet there always seems to be a faction determined to find the dark lining in silver clouds.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:17 PM

14,087 posts, read 15,118,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
....but the Jews back then did Not celebrate birthdays.

Jesus said to commemorate [ honor ] the day of his death according to Luke 22 v 19.
That does Not make ' Good Friday ' so to speak, fall each year on a Friday, but that the Spring month of Nisan the 14th day should be set aside as a memorial of that first ' Good Friday '. That lunar calendar day or date corresponds closely to the Jewish Passover celebration from the time that the moon is full starting in Jerusalem.
There were censuses back then, that's why they were going to Bethlehem in the First place.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:19 PM

64,000 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You'd think if there was one day in the year when Christians could put aside their differences and celebrate their oneness, it would be Christmas.
Yet there always seems to be a faction determined to find the dark lining in silver clouds.
The superstitious mind cannot overcome the belief that assigns import to external objects and rituals. The idea that we decide what we are celebrating by what we INTEND to celebrate is completely foreign to them. Truly sad!

Old 12-23-2013, 05:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Thanks for the warning, but most of your fellow human beings are likely just as informed on the subject as you are. No hard feelings, please understand, but millions of us are commemorating the birth of our Savior and don't appreciate being told by some do-gooder that the beautiful carols we sing, the nativity sets depicting the coming of the Son of God to earth, and the scriptural account of His birth have anything whatsoever to do with "the beast." So don't celebrate Christmas if you don't want to, but for crying out loud, leave the rest of us alone.
Beauty, without the beast mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Where in the Bible are we commanded to wear pants?
A bare assertion is not necessarily the naked truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The mark of the beast is a mark that people will be forced to have placed on their forehead or on their right hand during the Tribulation, which is still future, if they want to be able to buy or sell anything.

Revelation 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what day you worship on, or celebrating Christmas or Easter.
The mark of a beast has nothing to do with this nonsense:

"The predominant cord of perfection
(maturity) resides within, reach for it!"

Old 12-23-2013, 06:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Revelation 13:16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what day you worship on, or celebrating Christmas or Easter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The mark of a beast has nothing to do with this nonsense:

"The predominant cord of perfection
(maturity) resides within, reach for it!"
Quote:
Are you claiming that Revelation 13:16-17 doesn't say what it plainly says?
It says, what it says, but not according to a literal interpretation.
But I am sure that you will continue to buy and sell this nonsense:

Quote:
The mark of the beast is a mark that people will be forced to have placed on their forehead or on their right hand during the Tribulation, which is still future, if they want to be able to buy or sell anything.
Quote:
Or are you referring to what the OP is talking about which is completely different and is nonsense?
Now, that you mention it, both!

Last edited by Jerwade; 12-23-2013 at 06:46 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,607,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It says, what it says, but not according to a literal interpretation.
But I am sure that you will continue to buy and sell this nonsense:

Now, that you mention it, both!
Actually, I deleted that post. But since you replied before I did so . . . the mark of the beast has nothing to do with the claims of the OP, but Revelation 13:16-17 means exactly what it says. During the Tribulation, the beast who is the man of lawlessness mentioned in 2 Thess. 2:3-9 will require that a mark be placed on the forehead or on the right hand of anyone who wants to buy or sell. And it's very literal.

But if, and you don't believe it, that is no concern of mine. And I truly do not care.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
what is merry about it? if you knew where i had come from you would know why i am happy here.
as to who is the real jesus??? i havent met anybody yet who knew him so i cant discuss that subject with anybody.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-23-2013 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity