Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 11:44 AM

264 posts, read 352,652 times

Advertisements

Who were those who came out of their graves after Jesus' resurrection and appeared to many as they walked in the city?
They are the dry bones of old Israel/Jacob(sons of old Israel). Compare if you will both the verses in Matt. 27:52 & Ezk.37 of the rattle and shake of the earthquake that will bring the bones together. And how God will put His Spirit in them and sinews and flesh on their dry bones in the grave and raise them up out of the dust of the earth after the Sin debt was paid by Christ's holy sacrifice. Abraham seen Jesus' day and rejoiced in it!

We see the earthquake in Matt.27 where the graves of the OT saints came our of their graves and we see the Words Noise and a SHAKING which also describes an earthquake in Ezk.37. According to 1Kings 19:18 and Romans 11:4 God only spared 7,000 OT saints and Paul says they are still to this day. I take that to mean alive on this earth, for what purpose did Jesus die if we STILL stay in the ground in death? Jesus said those who believe upon him shall never die. Now I know this is hard for us to hear, but didn't Jesus say that John the Baptist was also Elijah?. Is not Melchizedec not the king of Salem which means Peace who brought the bread and wine and high priest, like Jesus? Wasn't David and Joseph like Jesus? Did not Jesus say of John, to Peter, what is it to you if I have him TARRY UNTIL I COME, As if it is possible?

Matt 27:50-54
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
KJV
Ezek 37:4-8
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
KJV

The Spirit which is the Breath of life was not available to them UNTIL Christ's day of his crucifixion was completed, for the sin debt had to be fully paid before the Spirit to unite us to the Father could be given.

Ezek 37:12-14
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 PM

400 posts, read 604,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
. Now I know this is hard for us to hear, but didn't Jesus say that John the Baptist was also Elijah?
Matthew 11:13–14 “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. “And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come."

Malachi 4:5 “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord."

Luke 1:13–17 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. “You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. “And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God “It is he who will ago as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

John 1:19-21,24,25 "And this is the witness of John, when the Jews sent to him priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?" And he confessed, and did not deny, and he confessed, "I am not the Christ." And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" And he said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No." Now the Pharisees who had been sent questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 PM

9,707 posts, read 10,099,929 times
In Revelations 7: 4,10..... says ...``And I heard the number of them that was sealed , and there were sealed 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel,``......... which equaled to 12 thousand from each of the twelve tribes ....... then verse 10 ..``After this I behold, and look , a Great Multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people , and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands, and cried with a loud voice saying , Salvation to our God which sits on the throne and to the Lamb ``...... See there is 144,000 people of Israel and a Great multitude of Christians before the throne of God in Heaven

Old 11-16-2013, 03:09 PM

264 posts, read 352,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Revelations 7: 4,10..... says ...``And I heard the number of them that was sealed , and there were sealed 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel,``......... which equaled to 12 thousand from each of the twelve tribes ....... then verse 10 ..``After this I behold, and look , a Great Multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people , and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands, and cried with a loud voice saying , Salvation to our God which sits on the throne and to the Lamb ``...... See there is 144,000 people of Israel and a Great multitude of Christians before the throne of God in Heaven
You do remember the VIRGINS saying Lord Lord who did not have enough oil(Holy Spirit) but Jesus NEVER KNEW THEM FOR THEY DID NOT KNOW THE WORD, don't you?
The 144,000 are the VIRGIN Body of Christ which when changed in the twinkling of an eye shall be male as our head is male(Man Child Rev.12:5, Isa.66:7). These are those who will be CAUGHT UP unto God's throne as the holy body of Christ who have been found blameless before God and will rule and reign with Christ.
You will notice that only the martyr's are seen given WHITE ROBES and told to rest(SLEEP) they will arise and come with Christ to gather the VIRGINS(male for their is not gender in the spirit), his body, The 144,000 are all alive on the earth to THIS DAY.
We shall not know the things of the past world. John did not realize that he had been Elijah, that is all that proves. But Jesus said HE WAS JOHN. Who do you think of the two would know the best?
Rev 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
KJV
Rev 7:13-14
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
KJV

Remember there is neither Jew or Gentile, male or female in the body of Christ for they are all son's of God. And all of creation is awaiting their birth and they will be the 12 tribes having Jew and Gentile natural mothers just as the sons of Jacob were, Yet rebirthed spiritually by the Bride and Wife of the Lamb, being our mother heavenly Jerusalem, yet one FATHER by the Spirit.
Rom 8:19-21
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God
KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: adding editing

Old 11-16-2013, 06:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,508,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The Spirit which is the Breath of life was not available to them UNTIL Christ's day of his crucifixion was completed,
for the sin debt had to be fully paid before the Spirit to unite us to the Father could be given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity