Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM

264 posts, read 352,069 times

Advertisements

Do you pass down sinful ways to your children that keep them in bondage for life by suffering from the consequences of their actions?
Many would say NO, I would not ever think of teaching my child to sin that is evil and I love my children and we are GOOD PEOPLE!

Let's look at some of the ways that may not be seen by our darkened eye. But once the light shines on them, maybe we will recognize them after all.

Do you ever say to them:

1. Just tell them that daddy/mommy is not here, (learn from me of how to avoid your creditors after you have gotten what you wanted)

2. Daddy does not need to know about this, this is our little secret,( you can count on me to deceive your father for you, I am your trusted friend)

3. Don't worry, we will just tell the teacher that the dog ate your homework, (that way you can learn how to shirk your responsibilities in life by lying)

4. Look, the grocery store clerk gave us back the wrong change, now we have enough to go buy an ice cream cone, (to reward ourselves for our dishonesty for their poor mistake that may cost their job)

5. Hey, we will just say you are 5 so that you can get in for $5.00 instead of $10.00. (Just follow my lead son and I will show you how it is done, you won't ever need to pay fair wages again)

6. If we order the "all that you can eat" meal at the restaurant, then we can just share the meal and then ask for free refills and we can all eat for the price of 1.(boy can you believe this, they raised the prices on the all you can eat meal, how dare them!)

7. Watch me at work here son. Sir, I want to buy this item from you, but I notice it has some flaws, would you take $20.00 instead of $30.00? Sure, I can do that for you sir/mame. After we walk away we boast:
Wow! I can't wait to show all of my friends the deal I got on this GREAT PERFECT Item. (Did you see son, how easy that fool fell for my scam)

These are just a tiny example of the sin, and lack of love we show our children, teaching them how to do wrong for evil gain in this world.
Do unto others as you would have them do to you, because God is keeping score! And you will reap, exactly what you have sown in this life and the life to come. Some may call it Karma, but it is Almighty Gods law of sowing and reaping, and I am sure you have seen it work in yours or another’s life.

We all need to repent for planting these foul seeds into our children, because we all do it or have done it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:29 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,380,586 times
Kids learn bad manners from the parents all the time. It is called "Family of Origin" inheritance (FOO).

If dad was a womanized it is likely his son will also be a womanizer.

If mom use foul language the kids will learn that too very quickly.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 AM

That is right, we do, and the ugly truth is that we shall reap what so ever we sow. It is by an unclean spirit that we teach our children to do good and evil. As a believer in Christ, we need to do away with the works of the flesh that steal kill and destroy our children and the generations that follow.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:00 AM

400 posts, read 603,628 times
What does The Bible say about how God dealt with and deals with the children of sinful people?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Matt 18:2-6
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
KJV
But while that is talking about believer's
God, OUTSIDE of the new covenant, meaning under the OLD, used to put the sins of the parents on the child, but in Christ our new covenant each person shall have a way of salvation by receiving Christ to learn how to change our ways through the washing of the Word to come out from under captivity of sin.
Ezek 18:2-5
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
KJV

Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM

116 posts, read 547,342 times
1) I would never tell my kids to do that.
2) Why dose daddy or mommy have to know every thing? Not a sin.
3) Again I would not tell my kids to do that.
4) I would give back the change and tell my kids to do the same.
5) Guilty.
6) If the restaurant is willing to do that then its there loss. Not a sin.
7) That is the hole point of bargaining. Not a sin.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM

No, it is not just the restaurants loss, it is lack of discipline on our part. It is up to us to teach our children not to deceive, cheat, lie or be greedy and pay fair wages in buying and selling, for God judges the balance of OUR scales.
As for the bargaining, there is nothing wrong with haggling to reach a FAIR price. But I said to walk away BOASTING of what a good deal you were able to deceive a good hearted person out of for the item that you now seem to find NO FLAWS, and you can't wait to tell others of how you went about ripping them off and teaching your child the ways of deception in life of unfair trade.

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV
Prov 20:10-11
10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.
11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
KJV
Deut 25:13-15
13 Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small.
14 Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small.
15 But thou shalt have a perfect and just weight, a perfect and just measure shalt thou have: that thy days may be lengthened in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
KJV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity