Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM

473 posts, read 821,823 times

Advertisements

I wanted to post a couple of Bible verses and give my interpretation and ask you for your interpretations. Thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:12--For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. KJV
1 Corinthians 13:12--Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely--New Living T.

To me this verse means that once we fully realize that God is all and in all, when we look into the mirror we will not only see Him staring back, but begin to REALLY see ourselves. We will start to see our own flaws and faults and begin to align ourselves with His will. We will start to see that He Himself came and lived a PERFECT EXAMPLE for us and we will want to become that perfect REFLECTION of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18--But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord (US), are changed into the SAME IMAGE from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord.

Yeshua Bless You
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
1 Cor 13:12 - Paul is speaking of the future time when we behold Christ face-to-face, having put-off our worldly limitations, and see Him as He really is. For now, we see through the veil of this life and world (like looking through a cloudy glass ... that gives us a somewhat cloudy view of Christ and the Spirit world.

2 Cor 3:18 - The shekinah (sp?) glory that shone on Moses' face after he had been in the Lord's presence was so bright that the people could not even look upon him. The indwelling Holy Spirit similarly gives believers who are 'in the spirit' a type of glow that sets them apart from the dull, glassy-eyed stare of a lost and dying world.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:36 PM

342 posts, read 407,802 times
I believe when you lift a verse out of it's context you sometimes miss the meaning all together. Let's look at it as it should be seen within the paragraph as written:

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Cor 13:8-13 (KJV)

So it is stated with the context of spiritual gifts and that they shall end. It is used as an illustration showing that what they had at the time was no much but something much better was coming. It has nothing to do with a looking glass as you can see.

Last edited by Ham It Up!; 01-20-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 PM

473 posts, read 821,823 times
It's talking about seeing the revelations that Christ revealed to His children. He is the perfect something that walked among us. When He came He did away with the NEED for prophecy since He came with the truth. It's not talking about a future event but with the development of a love like His and with understanding of what He brought forth we will see clearer and clearer until we can become as He is and walk as a reflection of Him.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM

342 posts, read 407,802 times
When the plain sense makes the most sense don't look for any other sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity