Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times

Advertisements

I am shocked when I hear people say that any sexual position other than missionary is sinful. What are your thoughts on this? I am under the impression that what goes on between a married Christian couple in the privacy of their bedroom is between them and their God.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,987 times
Yes, it isn't for anybody to tell them exactly how to make love.
But I do think that each of us has the light of Christ, so intuitively, we know the difference between making love and lusting based on sex-tools - even in marriage.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
But I do think that each of us has the light of Christ, so intuitively, we know the difference between making love and lusting based on sex-tools - even in marriage.
Heh-Heh...You said "TOOL"...Heh-Heh...

Old 12-31-2012, 08:54 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I just think that if God created my wife for my sexual enjoyment and me for hers. Then, we are glorifying God by being faithful to one another, as well as expressing our love what ever sexual position that may be. I get the lust part, and you are right about that.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
1 Corinthians 7:4 - The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

The married couple should be able to communicate each other's needs and be able to play those needs out behind closed doors.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Heh-Heh...You said "TOOL"...Heh-Heh...
Uhh huh huh huh, Huh huh. Hey Beavis, do you think people actually like, listened to the Missionaries back when they taught this unbiblical garbage?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:43 PM

37,473 posts, read 61,423,512 times
I am not aware of any Bible passage that would imply any position was bad.

When you consider there is only one marriage ceremony explained in detail in the Bible. From detailed look at what happened there, it makes the 'missionary' position comical.

She kneels at his feet. He stands. She raises the hem of his skirt over her head, the beginning of the custom of the 'covering canopy', which continues to this day in Hebrew weddings. While she is kneeling in this position under his robe he declares that he will marry her. The next day he goes into town to clear the deal with his elder cousin.

We are never told, what she did under his skirt, it was 'covered' by the wings of his robe. Which also becomes a big metaphor in the Bible [spreading his wings to cover a person].

Old 12-31-2012, 03:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am not aware of any Bible passage that would imply any position was bad.

When you consider there is only one marriage ceremony explained in detail in the Bible. From detailed look at what happened there, it makes the 'missionary' position comical.

She kneels at his feet. He stands. She raises the hem of his skirt over her head, the beginning of the custom of the 'covering canopy', which continues to this day in Hebrew weddings. While she is kneeling in this position under his robe he declares that he will marry her. The next day he goes into town to clear the deal with his elder cousin.

We are never told, what she did under his skirt, it was 'covered' by the wings of his robe. Which also becomes a big metaphor in the Bible [spreading his wings to cover a person].
Chapter and verse, please.

As for what she did under the shirt? They weren't actually married yet, so it likely wasn't what you might be implying.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I am shocked when I hear people say that any sexual position other than missionary is sinful. What are your thoughts on this? I am under the impression that what goes on between a married Christian couple in the privacy of their bedroom is between them and their God.
It is. The marriage bed is undefiled. If any Christian says differently, promptly ignore them.

Last edited by allenk893; 12-31-2012 at 03:59 PM..

Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,143,235 times
Ive seen some folks go as far as saying Oral sex is sodomy and married couples should not be doing that. And ive even seen some go as far as to say the act be Baal-Peor Worship. Most people that make these arguments are more than likely not married or no one will ever want to marry them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity