Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,419 times

Advertisements

This Santa Claus lie is wrong!

One should not lie to children and build their faith in something supernatural that is really a false god, an abomination to God, and then have their faith destroyed when they find out this being is just a big hoax.

This destroying of children's faith in the supernatural produces a nation devoid of real faith. No wonder their is very little divine healing in the churches today.

Here is a sermon (2 parts) by a man who links Santa Claus to the false god Molech:

Part 1:

http://rcg.org/members/sermons/99120...(Part%201).mp3

Part 2:

http://rcg.org/members/sermons/99120...(Part%202).mp3

Leviticus 18:
21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 20:
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, thatgiveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

1 Kings 11:
7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

2 Kiings 23:
10 And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech.

Jeremiah 32:
35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Again, you are "burning" away the faith of you children by offering them to this modern day Molech -- Santa Claus -- building their faith in some supernatural being who knows all - knows if they have been good or bad, can fly at super speed and can deliver goods to millions of children in just one night and then they grow up old enough to find out it is just a hoax -- a big joke!

"...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-17-2012 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for moderation
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Children have a wonderful gift it is called "imagination" They know about Santa and Jesus and they grow into responsible adults losing their belief in Santa because it is not true, but retaining Jesus because it is true and written in their hearts not in the ramblings of HWA and his sick interpretatio0ns of the bible messages.

Sooo 'You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout........"

Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday Tthttf

Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Conversely, trying to overly discourage Santa Claus in our culture to our children may do more damage for Christ than good.

When every third house on the street has a blow up Santa in the front yard, he sits in the middle of every mall, is on half of all ornaments, in books, on TV, and surrounds us in our culture, our children will know who he is supposed to be, and what he is supposed to do. Being imaginative and creative creatures, our children will love him and develop a "faith" in him without any encouragement from their parents. I do not see how any child can be raised in our culture, and not be exposed to this.

So in this environment, telling a child that they should not have faith in Santa, but that they should have faith in Jesus is not going to make a heck of a lot of sense. They see so many people around them with faith in both, and both are unseen, magical beings to them, that they do not clearly see the difference. What happens if they decide they shouldn't beleive in Jesus either, since they are being taught not to believe in someone through faith?

I know not all Christians would agree with me here, but I do not believe in isolating my children from the world, or discouraging them from living within the World. I want them to know and believe in our Lord, but I also want them to know and be prepared for the life they will be living in the world too.

I have known a LOT of people who have believed in Santa as kids, and are strong and faithful believers in Christ. Denying a child the magic and joy of having Santa be a part of Christmas is only a deteriment if they are not raised to know and respect our Lord as well. With Jesus in their lives, they will grow to know Him, and realise all those gifts were really given by their parents.

Anyway, thats just my $.02...

Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Santa can't be Molech. Santa is derived from Saint Nicholas.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Children have a wonderful gift it is called "imagination" They know about Santa and Jesus and they grow into responsible adults losing their belief in Santa because it is not true, but retaining Jesus because it is true and written in their hearts not in the ramblings of HWA and his sick interpretatio0ns of the bible messages.

Sooo 'You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout........"

Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday Tthttf
I disagree with your comment about Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong. He exposed the false doctrines and teachings of many Catholic and Protestant leaders/ministers for over 50 years and I do not at all view his teachings and writings as you stated as "ramblings" but rather the Truth from God and the Real Jesus Christ. He preached against these false pagan lies that the these false ministers teach today.

As far as getting children to believe in lies such as Santa Claus and making a joke out of the supernatural, here is a letter a family wrote concerning their daughter involving divine healing:

"Answered Prayer"

"We would like to tell of our 2-year-old daughter's recent miraculous healing. Since birth she has had skin problems often bad but always minor. But on the first of this month she had a bad case of hives and in two days was screaming with pain and scratching.... She was anointed on Sabbath and immediately was relieved. On Monday after her first full night's sleep in weeks, she got up and said "Mommie, God healed my bumps."

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/gn/19...09.pdf?#PAGE=2

I hope the heroes of this little girl remained God and Jesus Christ and not all these false idols that this degenerate society offers children today.

God is going to destroy this nation because of our Sabbath-breaking and idolatry as the two primary sins plus all of our other sins like homosexuality, adultery, etc.

The children are given so many idols to worship instead of the true God, it is appalling. We are idol worshipers and look up to our false gods, our sports heroes, our machines, our technology and forget about the true God. Even witchcraft and the occult is being presented to the children today and yet how many children truly experience supernatural divine healing at the church they attend like the little girl in the letter above?

Now, Santa Claus is a fake just as Molech is a false god, but God and Christ are not fakes! A child should not be lied to and should always be encouraged to tell and believe the truth and not lies!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
They probably annointed her with benedryl. And usually hives just go away when the irritant is removed. I hate to break science to you. And quoting little children (or just making up stuff said by kids for your own purpose to sound "sweet" and result in "awwww"s) isn't a good way to prove anything, I don't know why Christian types seem to go there all the time and expect to be taken seriously.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM

741 posts, read 1,287,970 times
1. Is your God so weak he can be defeated by Santa????
2. Wow. In that case, maybe your God SHOULD lose.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They probably annointed her with benedryl. And usually hives just go away when the irritant is removed. I hate to break science to you. And quoting little children (or just making up stuff said by kids for your own purpose to sound "sweet" and result in "awwww"s) isn't a good way to prove anything, I don't know why Christian types seem to go there all the time and expect to be taken seriously.
The letters that I can produce are not "lies". God does supernaturally intervene and heal. I know, because I have been healed and have seen others healed as well. Your lack of belief shows how you have made an idol out of this world's cures and remedies and are not relying on the true God for your healing.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM

741 posts, read 1,287,970 times
I'm glad you have all this evidence of God Intervening and healing. I have evidence of Santa causing my empty stocking to become full over the duration of Christmas eve. I have photo evidence of the empty sock, and then mere hours later photo evidence of the full sock.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,579,736 times
I think Mollech was in the Old Testament, I dont think he crossed over to the New Testament and modern times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity