Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM

89,127 posts, read 85,767,866 times

Advertisements

I'm not Jewish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,555,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Exodus 20:
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God's Seventh Day begins at from sunset at the end of the sixth day and ends at sunset at the end of the seventh day. It is holy time. If you steal God's holy time for your own personal use you are sinning! It is made for you but you are not the Lord of the Sabbath, Christ is! And Christ kept God's Commandments, all Ten of the Ten Commandments.

True Christians are those who have come out of this world and do not take part in this world's governments, sports, entertainment, etc. They work and pay taxes and that is about it. A true Christian is set apart just like the seventh-day Sabbath. If you are part of this wicked world then you are not set apart, you are not sanctified and you will see no difference in God's Holy Sabbath. You will think it is a common day just like the other six and like you who has not been set apart from the rest of the world you cannot discern the holy from the profane! God has to call you to repentance before you can truly see the difference!

So, you, the ones who cannot see the difference, then I say take it on faith and obey God and pray that this nation will be spared the horrendous horrors that are going to result for our Sabbath-breaking and idol worship and all of our other sins!

Wake Up, America! It's time we turned to the true God and the true Christ! Christ kept the weekly Sabbath and the annual Sabbaths and true Christians will be doing the same! Again, Wake Up!
I really do not need you to teach me nor do others need what amounts to constant harrassment to know God or the Sabbath laws which were but a shadow/type of the real rest found in Christ. The body can rest at anytime that's available for needed renewal.

JER 31:31 "Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
JER 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, says the LORD:
JER 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law [singular as in Law of Christ] in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.
JER 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Your preaching is out of step with the New Covenant. We ought rather to focus on encouraging one another in these hard times and to expound on Scripture for edification sake not to tell them what laws to keep for it is the Spirit that does that! Sabbath was a national day of rest for a Theocracy of Jews. We are not that. We are grafted into the blessing of Israel in Christ not the Old Covenant.

Last edited by garya123; 11-21-2012 at 08:16 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM

951 posts, read 1,058,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I really do not need you to teach me nor do others need what amounts to constant harrassment to know God or the Sabbath laws which were but a shadow/type of the real rest found in Christ. The body can rest at anytime that's available for needed renewal.

JER 31:31 "Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
JER 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, says the LORD:
JER 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law [singular as in Law of Christ] in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.
JER 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Your preaching is out of step with the New Covenant. We ought rather to focus on encouraging one another in these hard times and to expound on Scripture for edification sake not to tell them what laws to keep for it is the Spirit that does that! Sabbath was a national day of rest for a Theocracy of Jews. We are not that. We are grafted into the blessing of Israel in Christ not the Old Covenant.
If God's Spiritual Law were truly written in your heart, you would be keeping God's Seventh-Day Sabbath and would be blameless concerning the 4th Commandment before God.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM

951 posts, read 1,058,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Scoff at God's Word as you wish.

All your 'butts' do not stand against God.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
I am not scoffing at God's Word.

God HAS esteemed one day above the others since creation. You are the one scoffing at God's decision to sanctify one day in seven saying your own mind will decide the issue that has already been decided by God.

And Colossians 2:16-17 is not translated correctly with the word "is" inserted by the translators. "let no man therefore judge you", rather let the "body of Christ" judge you instead. And Christ is for the keeping of God's Holy Sabbaths. You are twisting Paul's writings to do away with one of God's Ten Commandments. You are doing more damage than just scoffing, don't you think?

I am warning about Sabbath-breaking:

Last edited by tthttf; 11-21-2012 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,626,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If God's Spiritual Law were truly written in your heart, you would be keeping God's Seventh-Day Sabbath and would be blameless concerning the 4th Commandment before God.
Have you considered becoming a Jew?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,215,961 times
Quote:
Scoff at God's Word as you wish.

All your 'butts' do not stand against God.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Let us take the the context here:

Rom 14:1 And receive the one who is weak in the faith, not to judgments of your thoughts.

Rom 14:2 One indeed believes to eat all things, but being weak, another one eats vegetables.

Rom 14:3 The one eating, do not despise the one not eating. And the one not eating, do not judge the one eating, for God received him.

Rom 14:4 Who are you judging another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. But he will stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:5 One indeed judges a day above another day; and another one judges every day alike. Let each one be fully assured in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 The one minding the day, he minds it to the Lord. And the one not minding the day, he does not mind it to the Lord. The one eating, he eats to the Lord; for he gives thanks to God. And the one not eating, he does not eat to the Lord, and gives thanks to God.

Now Paul is a Pharasee, a Jew, so he is writing from a Jewish perspective employing Hebraic Idioms...This whole thing is regarding being judgemental...You are taking things out of context...Find another verse as prove, for this one falls...

Old 11-22-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:

My week starts on Monday. My weekend is Saturday/Sunday. The last day of the week being Sunday. Right before the next week begins on Monday.
It is HaShem that has set the times and days, not you...HaShabbat has always been on the 7th day of the week, and HaShem has set it to be a statute to be observed forever...

Old 11-22-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

NOTE: Gentiles are not Jews or Israelites...

JER 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they [Israel and Judah] shall be My people.

NOTE: It does say the House Of Israel...What is this Law, which He had given and was broken, that He shall put on their hearts?...Did He state that He was going to formulate a New Law?...

Old 11-22-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not me! If you are going to do one law to maintain righteousness then you must maintain the whole law and thus fall out of grace! Read Galatians!
Mat 5:17 Do not think that I came to annul the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to annul, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 Truly I say to you, Until the heaven and the earth pass away, in no way shall one iota or one point pass away from the Law until all comes to pass.
Mat 5:19 Therefore, whoever relaxes one of these commandments, the least, and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven. But whoever does and teaches them, this one shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say to you, If your righteousness shall not exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter into the kingdom of God, never!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And which day is "The Sabbath?"
The Seventh day of the week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity