Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,744,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks sparrow . . . but your history of beautiful posts belies that, precious sister. Your posts always edify and uplift our hearts and spirits. In Christ's love,
Mystic
Thank you both.

The barbarous idea of appeasing an angry God, of propitiating an offended Lord, of winning the favor of Deity through sacrifices and pennance and even shedding blood, represents a religion wholly puerile and primative, a philosophy unworthy of an enlightened age of science and truth. Such beliefs are utterly repugnant to truly loving Christian servents of this time and age. It is an affront to God to believe, hold or teach that innocent blood must be shed in order to win His favor or to divert the fictitous "Divine Wrath."

A Dog's Prayer (Author Unknown)

Treat me kindly, my beloved master for no heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.
Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ears.
When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements.
And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.
Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my God, and I am your devoted worshipper.
Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food, that I may well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready , willing, and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.
And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you......rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest......and I will leave you knowing with my last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity