Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:25 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,646,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Are some of you saying sin originates with God?
Nothing exists outside of God. Even unbelievers live and move and have their being in God according to the apostle Paul who says "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring." as he is speaking to "heathens" on Mars hill.

I understand that it's a difficult concept for some Christians to grasp - including me. I'd like to think I have nothing in common with evil doers, and yet I do (in a couple of ways). #1 - I am an evil doer (to some degree) as well and (#2) They are the offspring of God as well as I.

Anywho - something to think about that you may not be ready for so give it some thought and prayer (at least) but I don't have tons of time to go in depth (so if I'm absent from responding more it's not that I don't care or have no response).

Now, if your talking about who set up the scenario for whether sin could exist ALL that came from God my the definition of who God is unless you reduce God to a person who is at the mercy of pre-existing conditions which would actually disqualify someone from being referred to as "God" (at least in the all powerful, all knowledgeable, all present kind of way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,674,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Luciferins emit their own source of light."
Luciferins?

You just gave yourself away. There's only one place Lucifer is going.

Isaiah 14:12-20

King James Version (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:13 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,555,333 times
Satan is the god of this world and works in the children that are disobediant to the Gospel. Jesus is the the God of the redeemned and works all things out for the growth of those in His Kingdom and Satan is cast out of His Kingdom. The two Kingdoms, that of the world and that of the Kingdom of Heaven run parrallel in this world.

Jesus is longsuffering toward this world. Longsuffering because He has to suffer persecution of His people and others in order to show mercy and hold out the olive branch to the guilty, that they too might be saved. In the end He will cast out all who continue to offend and then:
REV 11:15 "And the seventh Angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The Kingdoms of this world are become the Kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever."

Last edited by garya123; 08-19-2012 at 06:25 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 AM

139 posts, read 168,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only serpent responsible for ALL bad human behavior resides within our braincase. The REAL Serpent of Eden.

(Colossians 2:8) 8 Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry YOU off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;

Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 AM

951 posts, read 1,058,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Satan is the god of this world and works in the children that are disobediant to the Gospel. Jesus is the the God of the redeemned and works all things out for the growth of those in His Kingdom and Satan is cast out of His Kingdom. The two Kingdoms, that of the world and that of the Kingdom of Heaven run parrallel in this world.

Jesus is longsuffering toward this world. Longsuffering because He has to suffer persecution of His people and others in order to show mercy and hold out the olive branch to the guilty, that they too might be saved. In the end He will cast out all who continue to offend and then:
REV 11:15 "And the seventh Angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The Kingdoms of this world are become the Kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever."
No, you apparently do not keep the Holy Days of God. If you did you would know that Satan is the lame-duck ruler of this present evil world and that Jesus Christ is to Return on the day pictured in the Holy Days -- the Feast of Trumpets. Satan will be bound for 1,000 years (Rev 20) and the Kingdom of God with Christ as the King of kings and Lord of lords will take over the kingdoms of this world including Satan's rulership and will reign on this earth. (The Feast of Trumpets occurs on the next new moon a month from today).

Currently, it is not a battle between God and Satan, though Satan makes an attempt to fight, he loses and is cast back down to the earth if you read the scriptures. But actually, this current time (pictured by the period between Pentecost and the Feast of Trumpets) the real battle is the trial for true Christian Saints who have to overcome this Satan, this god of this present evil world, in order to be able to rule with Christ when He returns. The battle for rulership of the Earth was actually won by Christ about 2,000 years ago when He overcame Satan when Satan tried to tempt Him three times. It is now just a matter of when will God send Jesus Christ to this earth to begin the reign of the Kingdom of God on this earth. And at that time the true Saints, those who keep the Commandments of God and who have the faith OF Jesus and not just the faith IN Jesus will be resurrected to immortal life to rule under Christ.

May God speed that day.....

Last edited by tthttf; 08-19-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,523,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Luciferins?

You just gave yourself away. There's only one place Lucifer is going.

Isaiah 14:12-20

King James Version (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
Humanity had wit, grace, and beauty; but most of all, it had truth.
Unfortunately, mankind continues to ignorantly "miss the mark."

Especially, when exalting themselves to higher-ground.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,485,972 times
Quote:
[b]

Humanity had wit, grace, and beauty; but most of all, it had truth.
Unfortunately, mankind continues to ignorantly "miss the mark."

The word Became flesh and dwelled among us . For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses

Quote:

Especially, when exalting themselves to higher-ground.

Touch no unclean thing. The Pharisee stood by himself and said,God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,646,199 times
Quote:
"Luciferins emit their own source of light."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Luciferins?

You just gave yourself away.
Well, you might have been somewhat correct except he didn't say "I am a "Luciferin" but that Luciferins (and it's by the very definition of the term) emit there own light. Methinks you missed the point. Plus - do you really think the most cunning of creatures is going to step up here and say "I'm the devil" and think it's not giving itself away?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:27 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,617,882 times
Quote:
Who Really Rules the World?

“Adam or if you prefer mankind rules this world, but the lush gardens of humanity have been covered by dirt for centuries."

Genesis 1:28 ...and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Blessings...

Old 08-21-2012, 10:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,523,087 times
Quote:
They picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself; and went out of the temple, walking through the midst of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara M Wheeler View Post
I was referring to Satan!
I was also referring to adversity; and overcoming it.
It was not my intent to infer otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity