Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 PM

154 posts, read 210,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not at all.

My question to you was are you doing the will of God ?.if you are not you are condemned to being lost too by your own beliefs. Or do you simpy excuse yourself when you are not doing His will ?.

You see Christians set themselves up for failure and self condemation by raising a bar that they do not attain to themselves , and if you condemn others to being lost and sent to hell, you are under the same condemation, because failure in them is no different to your own failure.
My answer was to show you that even if I were not doing Gods will it would not change his will for everyone else. We are all commanded to be holy and obedient to the word of God.

Most people want to attack the Messenger and try to make HIM out to be the bad guy. Well Jesus taught this. The Apostles taught this. All of them.

I was just trying to make you think. I am very well aware of the fact that if I fail God by allowing sin to overcome me I will be lost.

The New Testament is crystal clear that no one who has sin in their life will inherit the Kingdom of God.

The eternal security/unconditional salvation teaching has robbed many of their walk with Christ.

ANY doctrine that says we need not be overcomers is setting us up for the doom and judgment of Hell.

Quote:
You see Christians set themselves up for failure and self condemation by raising a bar that they do not attain to themselves , and if you condemn others to being lost and sent to hell, you are under the same condemation, because failure in them is no different to your own failure.
I did not set the bar. It was set by Jesus Christ.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48

I do not desire to wrestle with him over his word. Far better to accept it take up the cross and follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 03:36 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
My answer was to show you that even if I were not doing Gods will it would not change his will for everyone else. We are all commanded to be holy and obedient to the word of God.

Most people want to attack the Messenger and try to make HIM out to be the bad guy. Well Jesus taught this. The Apostles taught this. All of them.

I was just trying to make you think. I am very well aware of the fact that if I fail God by allowing sin to overcome me I will be lost.

The New Testament is crystal clear that no one who has sin in their life will inherit the Kingdom of God.

The eternal security/unconditional salvation teaching has robbed many of their walk with Christ.

ANY doctrine that says we need not be overcomers is setting us up for the doom and judgment of Hell.

I did not set the bar. It was set by Jesus Christ.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48

I do not desire to wrestle with him over his word. Far better to accept it take up the cross and follow.
I did think like how you beleved for many years, so I know exactly where you are at, I do not believe in once saved always saved, I believe He IS the Savior Of all men. The Kingdom of God is not somewhere up in the sky, it is within you.
Overcoming as nothing to do with sin, it is about Living by overcoming faith instead of unbelief. For whatever is not of faith is sin(missing the mark).

Old 06-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
So basically you will not answer my question. Jesus did not set a standard for us to attain.He revealed God to us and more to the point God's heart towards us, for the purpose that we would understand that He is for us not against in spite of our short comings( and in spite of what the traditions and doctrines of men we allowed into our being), so that we are rooted and established in His Love, to be able to live by the Way of Life.

When we understand that Jesus Christ is who we are( not a man with a beard), we will be perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. For as a man thinks in his heart so is he.
Jesus does have a standard. Our works must be perfect as he says to the Sardis Church.

Jesus said:

Be watchful , and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die : for I have not found thy works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard , and hold fast , and repent. Rev. 3:2-3

Most people in Church today have never even heard that our works are to be perfect! Here Jesus rebukes a New Testament Church because their works were not perfect.

Thats how far behind we are in the knowledge of God today.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Jesus does have a standard. Our works must be perfect as he says to the Sardis Church.

Jesus said:

Be watchful , and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die : for I have not found thy works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard , and hold fast , and repent. Rev. 3:2-3

Most people in Church today have never even heard that our works are to be perfect! Here Jesus rebukes a New Testament Church because their works were not perfect.

Thats how far behind we are in the knowledge of God today.
Any work that is not done in love is not perfect?

and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing. 1 Cor 13:3

Jesus' standard is to reach down to where man is, and not to condemn him to hell for where he is.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Any work that is not done in love is not perfect?

and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing. 1 Cor 13:3

Jesus' standard is to reach down to where man is, and not to condemn him to hell for where he is.
Rather his standard is to make men into his own image.

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk , even as he walked . 1 John 2:6

We are to be walking as HE walked.

Through the Holy Ghost power and a life hidden in Christ.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
A little contradictory there.

He is changing us into His likeness ( which I believe He is through tolerance,patience, persuasion and convincing) or we are changing ourselves into is likeness ?.

You will never walk as He walked until you know who you are. Quoting scriptures without understanding it will keep you in darkess( man made religion).
How do you know I dont know who I am in Christ? Why not join me in encouraging saints to walk as Jesus walked?

Old 06-09-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
How do you know I dont know who I am in Christ? Why not join me in encouraging saints to walk as Jesus walked?
I'm all for that. Yet you will Never be able to do that unless you first convince them ( those who do not beleve AND Chistians) first that God is unconditionally loves them and IS for them.

God demonstrated HIS love for us while we we were STILL sinners. Being convinced of this is beginning of taking the first steps of walking in the Way.
If your Christanity does not begin here, I am not interested in what you are peddling.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I'm all for that. Yet you will Never be able to do that unless you first convince them ( those who do not beleve AND Chistians) first that God is unconditionally loves them and IS for them.

God demonstrated HIS love for us while we we were STILL sinners. Being convinced of this is beginning of taking the first steps of walking in the Way.
If your Christanity does not begin here, I am not interested in what you are peddling.
Our walk begins with believing, repenting, being baptized into Jesus and receiving the Holy Ghost. We stand before him both forgiven and empowered. A new creation.

They stand fully in his favor. And yet they are to be trained to keep the Lords commands. They are to learn to cleave to Jesus and to hate iniquity. They are not to be told they cant stop sinning but rather they are to be done with it.

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound ? 2 God forbid . How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein ? 3 Know ye not , that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed , that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. Romans 6:1-7

The new Christian is dead to sin and alive to God! They are free from sin. God works in them both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Phil. 2:13

If they sin they have an advocate with the Father even Jesus Christ. He will forgive confessed sin. And yet thats IF they would sin. God has made a way through the new creation experience and faith in his teaching that we can overcome sin consistently.

Yet God does not promise "unconditional love" to the believer. The scriptures (teaching of Christ) give us various conditions to abide in him.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:35 AM

595 posts, read 761,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Before we accepted Christ we had sin.
While we accepted Christ we have sin.
After we accepted Christ we have sin.

While we never perfect grace is not free-----John 8:31.

Grace on a Discover credit card is not free just handy so you can go anywhere without cash and change.

Blood atonement for Jewish people with animals; this was grace in the
old testament ancient time.

Blood atonement for everybody that's going to be a Christian now.

Being a Christian is not just giving up worrying and getting drunk.

It's more then being optimistic and positive for everything you want.

Legalism and Chrisitianity is the same thing-----2 Timothy 3:16.

The issue is what legalism today-----John 8:32.

I'm not going to convince a bible hater to have Christian attire since
they faking being saved----1 Peter 3:3.

Christian marriage is not for bible haters-----Romans 7:2-3.

Man bible rebuking another man is offending the bible
hater only----James 5:20.

Christian segregation is never for bible haters I know that---2 Cor. 6.

Gender teaching don't appeal to bible haters----1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Baptism pools offend the bible haters for being too technical--John 3:5.

Bible haters I'm not talking to you --------Titus 3:10.

Talking to the 100% bible believers----Psalms 133:1.

More to Chrisitanity then being a people person-----Luke 6:26.

No such thing as being too technical with all the bible----2 Tim. 3:16.

100% of the bible is what the young rich ruler hates.

His boast was in the 10 commandments only----Matthew 5:17-20.

Our boast needs to be in all the bible----John 8:31.

All the bible is very practical for the sincere Christian---Luke 4:4.

For this person...I believe everything God speaks through His Son (The Word), all His commands are good for me, I love my God, my Lord, my King and my Savior and desire with all my heart to please him because He first loved me and gave His life for me.

Who in this world would love me enough, when I am the worst of the worst sinner, shed their blood for me, so I can be right with my Creator and live forever with Him. Who could ever save me from death and give me true life? Only One**JESUS**. the One from heaven came and rescued me from death.

God Bless You,
Mercy

Old 06-16-2012, 08:41 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,840 times
Default Clarification

Quote:
I see it another way. Jesus said ONLY those who actually DO the will of God will be saved in the end. All else will be lost.

The unconditional salvation thing is a distortion.
Guess we agree on conditional salvation -------------Romans 6:1 and Romans 6:15.

That mean we agree on Christian attire ? 1 Peter 3:3

Christian marriage ? Romans 7:2-3 and 1 Timothy 5:9

Christian parties ? 1 Peter 4:1-4.

Christian segregation ? 2 Cor. 6 and Amos 3:3.

Man to man bible rebuke ? James 5:20

Bible perfection life ? Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 and John 8:32

God intrepretation of all the bible ? 2 Peter 1:20-21

All the bible to mess with ? 2 Timothy 3:16.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity