Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM

238 posts, read 270,908 times

Advertisements

I am really curious to read your opinions on this topic.
After several responses, I'll share the results of my research.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times
Since God is all powerful, He could have averted the holocaust. Since He did not avert it, I can only suppose He must have meant it to occur.

I don't know the exact reason He had it occur but I do know it caused many Jews to go back to Israel and form a state again.

Nothing happens to God's people without His hand being in it. It all eventuates for good.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,044,950 times
Jews I know have wrestled with this question. In the bible, mass suffering by Jews in the Old Testament, is explained as having occured, generally, due to God's wrath at them falling away (backsliding) from faith in Him. The resultant wrath and suffering would then serve to eventually bring them back into faith.

However, from the Jews I have known, the holocaust has caused a LOT of Jews (at least in their opinion, and they have stats to back it up) to lose faith in God, and turn from traditional Jewish belief in God too because they do not feel God would have allowed them to suffer like that.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:19 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,041,835 times
In the days before Jesus the Jews were the chosen people , but after Jesus took the authority of the Son of man , God only answers the prayers of People who have Jesus in their lives ...... So if people who have Jesus spirit in their lives and do not pray for these people , then there is nothing God can do for these people in their lives is they ignore Jesus and His promises..... For Hitler and his Hench man loathed the Jews and the Christians........ Where many Christians and most of the Jews went to the gas chamber of the holocaust....Still took 7 years of war to put Hitler out of the world ......

Old 06-08-2012, 04:37 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,304,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Since God is all powerful, He could have averted the holocaust. Since He did not avert it, I can only suppose He must have meant it to occur.

I don't know the exact reason He had it occur but I do know it caused many Jews to go back to Israel and form a state again.

Nothing happens to God's people without His hand being in it. It all eventuates for good.
when you say god,s people , are you exclusivley refering to jews ?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:42 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,736,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In the days before Jesus the Jews were the chosen people , but after Jesus took the authority of the Son of man , God only answers the prayers of People who have Jesus in their lives ...... ....
Moderator cut: delete
And are you not aware that it was not only Jews that died in the Holocaust, but people of all religions, including righteous gentiles? I'm sure they were fervently praying to Jesus...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post

This is the unfortunate and heavy price we pay for free will. Man is free to perpetuate evil, or do good. Everyone makes the choice.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:45 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,030,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
It's called free will. The greatest gift to mankind and even God cannot interfere with what man has done to himself. Because of our own hatred for ourselves, we have caused bad things to happen to each other. Not God.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,993,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
when you say god,s people , are you exclusivley refering to jews ?
Yes.

I realize Israel has been set aside. But I am using modern vernacular. I still think they are His special people even if they are currently astray. They are still loved.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes.

I realize Israel has been set aside. But I am using modern vernacular. I still think they are His special people even if they are currently astray. They are still loved.
Some of us Jews think you're the ones that are astray. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Thank you for your kind attitude, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity