Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM

78 posts, read 291,631 times

Advertisements

This is gonna be one of my best and most understood threads in fact the book of enoch is a book that mentions many strange things including mentionings of the "Christian theologies" as well as names for angels and their puposes yet this book was said, to be lost for many centuries yet it was found within the dead sea scrolls. The book of Enoch contains some of the most revealing tales of a man "whom walked with god" he was given advanced knowledge as well as gave hope to a religion in distress. This is potentially the first, book to maintain in popularity and was a book revered as written by Enoch himself yet many say this is the work of Aliens or what is mentioned in the book of Enoch "the watchers" the author is not known of this book but it was one of the greatest literary works of its day now lets begin shall we!

Chapter 1: The last generation (the judgement)
The words of the blessing of Enoch, where with he blessed the elect and
rightous who will be living in the days of the tribulation(the days of the end) when the wicked and the godless will be removed off the earth. In which he saw a vision from god which showed him the holy one. He saw the next generation of possibly humanity!

He sees the holy one tread upon mount Sinai, (mention in the new testament where moses & jesus made their sermons or announcements) Enoch sees all the wicked being punished by the holy one! The holy one causes many strange things including, "the watcher"to make the "mountains shall be shaken" the "high hils shall be made low" and states "the wax shall melt by hot flame" including that all on earth shall perish and the day of Judgement is at hand" (in fact this is Enoch's vision of the end times) Yet in the end of this the holy one shall make peace and bring forth 10,000 of his holy ones to be as of "Judges of mankind".

Chapter 2: Heavens picture (small summary)
Observe ye everything that takes place in heaven, how they do not change their orbits, are which luminaries are in the heaven, now they rise in each order each in its season. Trangress not their appointed order, behold ye the earth and give heed to the things that take place upon it. from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon the earth, change all the works but god have given unto you behold the summer and the winter, how the whole earth is filled with water, and the clouds and dew rain upon it.

Chapter three & four: the seasons
Observe and see in how the winter all the trees seem as though they have withered and shed all their leaves, except "fourteen trees" Which do not lose their foliage but retain the old foliage from two to three years till the new one come. (science of Enoch tells of Science in the time of the bible example would be at one time during the garden of eden humans did not need to "cultivate" god did so) (The book of Enoch on the season of Fall)

And again observe ye the days of summer how the sun is above the earth over against it(some might call this a Contradiction saying the "sun is against the earth") and you seek shade and shelter by reason of the heat of the sun, and the earth also burns with growing heat, and so you can not tread on the earth, or on the rock by reason of heat.(in fact this is true yet some depict as climate change 1,000's of years earlier it's always been like this Environmentalist's) (the book of Enoch on Summer)

Chapter 5: the nature & punishment of sin
Enoch talks about how god created Trees, fruits, and that without him they would never have existed yet man abused their power (by tempting themselves in the garden of Eden) so god hath created their punishment.

Ye have not been Steadfast, nor done the commandments of the lord. but ye have turned away and spoken proud and hard words. with your impure mouths against his greatness oh ye hard-hearted, ye shall find no peace.

Therefore ye shall execrate your days. and the years of your life shall perish. and the years of your destruction shall be multiplied in eternal exicration and ye shall find no mercy: ( as you read this paragraph I see proof that we once use to live many years but as our sins increased we began to "fall from grace" to the point that our ages began to shorten as the book of genesis tells this in depth)

The end of this chapter is simple: But all you all shall abide a curse, but for the elect their shall be light, joy and peace. For they shall inherit the earth! (So those that live in these three requirements shall inherit the earth)

Chapter 6 will be next time in fact It will tell the story of the falen angels and "the watchers" I will do this After I get more information please read carefully my friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
"he Book of Enoch is considered as Scripture in the Epistle of Barnabas (16:4)[23] and by many of the early Church Fathers, such as Athenagoras,[24] Clement of Alexandria,[25] Irenaeus[26] and Tertullian,[27] who wrote c. 200 that the Book of Enoch had been rejected by the Jews because it contained prophecies pertaining to Christ.[28] ....Although evidently widely known at the time of the development of the Jewish Bible canon, 1 Enoch was excluded from both the formal canon of the Tanakh and the typical canon of the Septuagint and therefore, also the writings known today as the Apocrypha.[7][8] One possible reason for Jewish rejection of the book might be the textual nature of several early sections of the book that make use of material from the Torah; for example, 1 En 1 is a midrash of Deuteronomy 33.[9][10] The content, particularly detailed descriptions of fallen angels, would also be a reason for rejection from the Hebrew canon at this period - as illustrated by the comments of Trypho the Jew when debating with Justin Martyr on this subject. Trypho: "The utterances of God are holy, but your expositions are mere contrivances, as is plain from what has been explained by you; nay, even blasphemies, for you assert that angels sinned and revolted from God." (Dialogue 79)

However, later Fathers denied the canonicity of the book, and some even considered the letter of Jude uncanonical because it refers to an "apocryphal" work.[29] By the 4th century, it was mostly excluded from Christian lists of the Biblical canon, and it was omitted from the canon by most of the Christian church (the Ethiopian Orthodox Church being an exception)." (Wiki)

I shall be considering this because of its original acceptance by the early church but later exclusion and because it was in the Qumran collection.

Perhaps some of our Jewish posters could clarify the Jewish view on 'Fallen angels'. I had thought they were Jewish as well as Christian but is the revolting angels idea purely Christian?

P.s 'Fallen Angels' (Wiki)
Main article: (Judaism)

The mention of the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:2 ("The sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose") has sometimes been interpreted, both in Judaism and in Christianity, as a reference to fallen angels.

The pre-Christian apocryphal Book of Enoch recounts that a group of 200 rebellious angels, or Watchers, left heaven and came down to Earth to marry human women and have children with them.[1]
New Testament
2 Peter and Jude

The only explicit references to "angels that sinned" in the New Testament are found in the Second Epistle of Peter and the Epistle of Jude where a "fall" from heaven is implied from "left their own habitation", which is one of three places where Jude quotes explicitly from the pseudepigraphical First Book of Enoch:
“ And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. - Jude 1:6, KJV

I had no idea that the fallen angels and revolt against God idea was so overdrawn and speculative.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-27-2011 at 10:11 AM..

Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Smile Thanks for the information very much

I know much of the book of enoch was Used both in islam(the angel of death) Christianity used the angels(raphael "the guardian angel of tobit) the book of Enoch is probably the most scientific of any books ever produced during the time some say this book was written by aliens even which sounds a little strange because it's the only book to use the sense of "I was there" and is considered by the reference as somewhat of a first, hand account of heaven & even hell. I rated your information "positive" and thanks...

Old 09-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Smile The next chapters of the book of Enoch

Are going to get a lot more strange tonight I am posting the story of the Angels and what they did and the famous quote I like most of all: "knowledge come with dire consequences". this quote sticks into the mind as the next chapters mostly bring up this idea.....and thanks for reading it.....

Old 09-27-2011, 06:35 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
The Book of Enoch Index

No need to summarize. The book seems like it expands on the "Angel View" of Genesis 6 which has two witnesses in 2 Peter and the Book of Jude as mentioned.

Long story short, an accurate exegesis of this account is that the "Sons of God" left their habitation/first estate to take wives and had unnatural hybrid offspring called the Nephilim.

I'm one of those that believe the Holy Spirit in the Church is what is keeping this "mystery of iniquity" 2 thessalonians 2 (in part anyways) hidden.

I believe it will be revealed in an end-time deception that involves the "Return of the Ancient Gods". A whole lot of programming is going on now convincing the masses that ancient sumerian god/Alien/Space Brothers/Ascended Masters whatever you want to call them were our progenitors. The New Age is propagandizing that they will return in the "New Age" of Aquarius to help mankind "evolve" and be like them.

The world would unite under perception of cosmic threat. We've been successfully brainwashed to believe an existance of "Aliens" must challenge the question that the God, especially the God talked about in the Bible, exists.

All the "Old Age" "Ignorant" "Afraid to evolve" "superstitious" "unscientific" (<Their words) Bible Believing Christians won't work out well in the global "New Age" of Aquarius. Also called the Golden Age - "The age of reason".

The "seeing is believing" philosophy looks to be part of the mechanism used to deceive millions upon millions of people. The Bible stresses throughout walking by faith in hope.

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" Romans 8:24

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

Psalm 2

"1Why do the nations rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the nations for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

Is their perceived cosmic threat Jesus Ha Mashiach returning to claim what he created and cast out the usurpers? I think so.

2 Thessalonians 2

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restrain will restrain, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 34,108 times
Thumbs up 'Book of Enoch Warnings for the last Generation' Watchers Nephilim Giants & Fallen Angels Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch123 View Post
The book of Enoch contains some of the most revealing tales of a man "whom walked with god" he was given advanced knowledge as well as gave hope to a religion in distress. This is potentially the first, book to maintain in popularity and was a book revered as written by Enoch himself yet many say this is the work of Aliens or what is mentioned in the book of Enoch "the watchers" the author is not known of this book but it was one of the greatest literary works of its day now lets begin shall we!

I have made a video series called 'Book of Enoch Warnings for the last Generation' Watchers Nephilim Giants & Fallen Angels Explained

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGL0sfKNR5w&list=PLV7Wy_Z8JeGiJfWIQkXTyDVT aCdfnxAqx[/URL] for people who are interested in getting more info about the Watchers, Nephilim, Rephaim Giants & Fallen Angels before Noah's flood. I think that Enoch writings are key to understand what happened in the past, in that way we will be able to understand what's coming in the future because Jesus said that the last times will be
like in the days of Noah, and according to Enoch and the book of Genesis, giants, nephilim, rephaim & fallen angels were on earth in those days, and will be again for the coming of the son of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity