Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 03:40 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,962 times

Advertisements

People of the world, I ask for that you may take a few minutes to look at our hearts. The word Iniquity comes to mind.
We read in Job 11:13-14 “If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you.
Job 11:15-20 Then your face will brighten with innocence. You will be strong and free of fear.
You will forget your misery; it will be like water flowing away.
Your life will be brighter than the noonday. Even darkness will be as bright as morning.
Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.
You will lie down unafraid, and many will look to you for help.
But the wicked will be blinded. They will have no escape. Their only hope is death.”
Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, Those who plow iniquity And sow trouble reap the same.
The word iniquity relates to the whole sphere of sin, guilt, and knowing the responsibility for an offense. If the people had no advocate before the Lord, they would die in their offenses.
(Jesus is our advocate.) “If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you.
We read in Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
Because of my father father’s fallen away, sin and Iniquity, is pass on to generation to generations. I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived. It grows in your life; then passes on to your children.
Sin and iniquity is brought forth by one’s lifestyle, Sin also destroy character to get along and brings Iniquity.
Micah 7:18-20 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy.
He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea.
You will give truth to Jacob And mercy to Abraham, Which You have sworn to our fathers From days of old.

Isaiah 1:18-20 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.
If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;
But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
The Verse, You shall be devoured by the sword" remember He delights in mercy. He said Come now, and let us reason together,” But He known’s the hearts which you cannot see.

No one is better than the other, each one of us have some forum of Iniquity in one’s life, but love is always the best in us.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 07-16-2011 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,028,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
No one is better than the other, each one of us have some forum of Iniquity in one’s life, but love is always the best in us.
Yep. Iniquity is found in us when we esteem ourselves as better than others. Notice the reference also to being filled with violence and pride.

<< Ezekiel 28 >>
New American Standard Bible15“You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you. 16“By the abundance of your trade
You were internally filled with violence,
And you sinned;
Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.
17“Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you.
18“By the multitude of your iniquities,
In the unrighteousness of your trade
You profaned your sanctuaries.
Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you.
19“All who know you among the peoples
Are appalled at you;
You have become terrified
And you will cease to be forever.”’”

Old 07-16-2011, 04:06 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,962 times
Smile Teaching

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yep. Iniquity is found in us when we esteem ourselves as better than others. Notice the reference also to being filled with violence and pride.

We know that lucifer has his day with the Lord, but the Lord focus on humanily, not on lucifer but I understand.

To teachers! is to understand wisdom, but love is all.
Acts 17:11And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth, So it is in our congregation as well.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity