Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,672,421 times

Advertisements

YouTube - A.O.D. 2005 Fake Rapture Pt 1of2

YouTube - fake rapture pt2

Just pointing out something that many already have. Regardless of what people think about the Rapture, what's important is that it would do a lot of damage to a lot of people if somehow the appearance of one came and they were not on one of the chosen ones to go.

It could destroy someone's faith. The bottom line is it isn't a clear doctrine among Bible scholars. Some people will deny it even exists. Not attempting to go down that line. Just pointing out the dangers here. The "Rapture" is no secret to anyone, especially Satan who knows this doctrine probably better than any of us. I guarantee there will be deception here. I can imagine no other thing more disheartening to a Christian than them not making the Rapture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM

7,747 posts, read 12,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

YouTube - A.O.D. 2005 Fake Rapture Pt 1of2

YouTube - fake rapture pt2

Just pointing out something that many already have. Regardless of what people think about the Rapture, what's important is that it would do a lot of damage to a lot of people if somehow the appearance of one came and they were not on one of the chosen ones to go.

It could destroy someone's faith. The bottom line is it isn't a clear doctrine among Bible scholars. Some people will deny it even exists. Not attempting to go down that line. Just pointing out the dangers here. The "Rapture" is no secret to anyone, especially Satan who knows this doctrine probably better than any of us. I guarantee there will be deception here. I can imagine no other thing more disheartening to a Christian than them not making the Rapture.
There is no "fake" rapture here. It's in the Bible. Here is the exact verse.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

What the Lord says about the Rapture...

1 Thessalonians 5:1
Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Now wait a minute. The Lord says this day will come like a thief in the night?! Let's see where else this comes from?

Luke 21:34
"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap.

1 Thessalonians 5:4
But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Revelation 3:3
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

How would the day of the Lord come like a thief when the Lord tells to the day when he is coming?!

Joel 2:31
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

Acts 2:20
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

Also, please explain being taken and left? Since you claim there is a fake rapture and no one will be taken or left behind? Jesus says some will be "taken" and some "left".

Matthew 24:41
Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Matthew 24:40
Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

Immediately after the Lord says

Matthew 24:42
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into." So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Again Jesus says we will not know the hour but he told us in Acts, Joel, and Revelations.

Acts 2:20
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

It's quite obvious there are two events here. The rapture and the second coming of Christ. Oh and let's not forget what the Lord says about the last days! (Which we are in!) and how his return will be like this just like the days of Noah and Sodom & Gomorrah.

Matthew 24:37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Again

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

All you have to do is read the Bible.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
'All you have to do is read the Bible.'

Unfortunately, that's all you did - now interpret it properly.

Just do a search for rapture in these threads and you will have plenty of meat to chew on.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM

7,747 posts, read 12,696,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
'All you have to do is read the Bible.'

Unfortunately, that's all you did - now interpret it properly.

Just do a search for rapture in these threads and you will have plenty of meat to chew on.
I did interpret it properly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand precisely what the Lord was saying. I provided all the scripture in the world to prove it. Not my problem if you don't want to accept it.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,672,421 times
While I'm not denying a Rapture or debating when it would come, I am pointing out the reality that there most likely will be a staged rapture. Like I said before, if David Icke or other new age crowd gets on the bus you might want to think twice.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I did interpret it properly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand precisely what the Lord was saying. I provided all the scripture in the world to prove it. Not my problem if you don't want to accept it.
Accept what? There is more to those passages than just the fact of a Rapture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity