Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:38 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,687,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Jesus Christ is the Saviour of all mankind, belief in ET, UR, or annihillation doesn't change that, or is belief in any of those designations required for salvation.

You're right, it doesn't change a thing. I was thinking last night how ETer's accuse UR's of not being Christian simply because we don't believe in an ET hell and how absurd that is.....nowhere in the Bible does it say we have to believe in such a thing to be a Christian. Belief in Jesus Christ is all that is required. The rest of it is all man's interpretations and THAT DOES NOT lead to salvation.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM

5,926 posts, read 6,989,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You're right, it doesn't change a thing. I was thinking last night how ETer's accuse UR's of not being Christian simply because we don't believe in an ET hell and how absurd that is.....nowhere in the Bible does it say we have to believe in such a thing to be a Christian. Belief in Jesus Christ is all that is required. The rest of it is all man's interpretations and THAT DOES NOT lead to salvation.

Indeed and Ur's can accuse ET'ers of things too, in reality, the sect of belief someone might believe does not inherantly define the character of the person.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,956,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
The rest of it is all man's interpretations and THAT DOES NOT lead to salvation.
I thought you believed in UR where all roads lead to salvation. Doesn't matter what you believe today, because after death you will be forced to believe UR. There is no choise in the matter.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,427,549 times
Default No one will be forced to believe in UR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought you believed in UR where all roads lead to salvation. Doesn't matter what you believe today, because after death you will be forced to believe UR. There is no choise in the matter.
The idea that anyone would choose to suffer forever is rediculous.
No one will be forced to believe in UR.
It will just happen.
But you are right that we believe there will be no choice in the matter of receiving kolasis aionion (age-during corrective chastisement).

Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,125,950 times
Quote:
But you think after death they will be forced to believe and will find out that God torments people. Right? And after death it won't matter what they believe since ALL will be believers, but many will be tormented ones. Isn't that what you believe?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Seems she just said she believes in Jesus, her UR beliefs doesn't change that.

Do you have a problem with people stating they believe in Jesus?

It appears your post is why she wrote the OP. Good example for the thread.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
But you think after death they will be forced to believe and will find out that God torments people. Right? And after death it won't matter what they believe since ALL will be believers, but many will be tormented ones. Isn't that what you believe?
I do not believe you get a second chance after death. The Bible does not talk about it, so I don't see why anyone would believe it.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Seems she just said she believes in Jesus, her UR beliefs doesn't change that.

Do you have a problem with people stating they believe in Jesus?
Why do you think I quoted her words "The rest of it is all man's interpretations and THAT DOES NOT lead to salvation."

Could it be because that is what I was replyig to No, waaaaayyyy....

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I do not believe you get a second chance after death. The Bible does not talk about it, so I don't see why anyone would believe it.
People talk about things they believe that the biblical scriptures may add up to that aren't always phrased a certain way specifically

God promises to save all mankind, if he does that before death, that is his business, God didn't lie about it, so it happens at some point.

Despite that the label UR isn't the enemy, believing in the power of God and Jesus is trustworthy.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Why do you think I quoted her words "The rest of it is all man's interpretations and THAT DOES NOT lead to salvation."

Could it be because that is what I was replyig to No, waaaaayyyy....

I don't speak emoticon, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity