Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,646,423 times

Advertisements

I believe that Christian persecution around the world is going to grow stronger in these next couple years. As I look around, Christians are being blamed for many of the wrongs of the world. Look up "Zeitgeist part 5" on youtube if you want to see a presentation that Jesus Christ is not God with almost a million views. I'm not making this up. The new age revolution is currently underway. Remember these passages:

"Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."John 15:20NIV

“You’re blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God’s kingdom.”
Matthew 5:10 (MSG)

“It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22."

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” 2 Cor. 12:9 – 10

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” John 15:18-20 NIV

“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” 2 Timothy 3:12 NIV

“Therefore, brothers, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith.” 1 Thessalonians 3:7

The point of this is to not instill fear, but to strengthen your faith and open some eyes to what the world is doing around us. This isn't on Fox news (or any other mass media outlet) for a reason. I'll keep praying for Christians around the world. Please pray with me. Here is another verse that will become important to remember.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans12:2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 06:03 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,315,500 times
I don't.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:02 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,962 times
Post affliction

Quote:
Those who "Suffer" for Chrsit, yes the word of God's said this, we as Christian wiil over affliction, it is the will of God.

Greetings
Yes you are right

1 Peter 4:1Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,

1 Peter 4: 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

Matt 20:20-23 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him.

Matt 20: 21 And He said to her, "What do you wish?" She said to Him, "Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom."

Matt 20: 22 But Jesus answered and said, "You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?" They said to Him, "We are able."

Matt 20:23 So He said to them, "You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity