Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:49 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,028,828 times

Advertisements

Jonathan Edwards, a minister of the 1700's gave a famous sermon entitled: "Sinners in the hands of an angry God." Is this title proper? No. God is at peace with all mankind and tells Christians to entreat humanity to be at peace with Him (see 2 Corinthians 5:14-20).

Is God angry? No. "in accord with the evangel of the glory of the happy God, with which I was entrusted" (1 Timothy 1:11).

And Jesus is happy too: "which, to its own eras, the happy and only Potentate will be showing: He is King of kings and Lord of lords" ( 1 Timothy 6:15).

Is that not wonderful? Are you happy too? Are you at peace with God? He is at peace with you! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,973,372 times

Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,874,082 times
Philippians 4:4Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. 5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

I am to rejoice in my persecution: but I am not doing that: or at least, I do not see myself as doing that, jumping up and down and praising God. I have His peace in the midst of my troubles as I am awaiting on Him by His grace for my deliverance from those too powerful that I cannot go forth.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,698,569 times

Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,119,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Philippians 4:4Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. 5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

I am to rejoice in my persecution: but I am not doing that: or at least, I do not see myself as doing that, jumping up and down and praising God. I have His peace in the midst of my troubles as I am awaiting on Him by His grace for my deliverance from those too powerful that I cannot go forth.
I'll be praying for you.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,389,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jonathan Edwards, a minister of the 1700's gave a famous sermon entitled: "Sinners in the hands of an angry God." Is this title proper? No. God is at peace with all mankind and tells Christians to entreat humanity to be at peace with Him (see 2 Corinthians 5:14-20).

Is God angry? No. "in accord with the evangel of the glory of the happy God, with which I was entrusted" (1 Timothy 1:11).

And Jesus is happy too: "which, to its own eras, the happy and only Potentate will be showing: He is King of kings and Lord of lords" ( 1 Timothy 6:15).

Is that not wonderful? Are you happy too? Are you at peace with God? He is at peace with you! :-)
I may be wrong, but i think Paul made a mistake when he listed the nine frutis of the Spirit. -He forgot two others: thankfulness and happiness!! (not a happiness based on external things, but internal, invisible things!)

blessings!
Brian

Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,874,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I'll be praying for you.
Thanks

Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 PM

9,704 posts, read 10,080,441 times
In John 16: 33....` These things I have spoken unto you that in me you might have peace, In the world you shall have tribulation but be of good cheer I have overcame the world....``Jesus tells us to be happy, in the world there is trouble but Jesus can help us over come the trouble and even remove the trouble through belief into his Word and expecting peace through HIS GRACE of HIS charity..... where the Lord is there will be peace, so stay in the presence of the Lord and pray unceasing and talk to the Lord and acknowledge him all the time and HIS Presence will be with you most of the time.....

Old 08-13-2010, 09:24 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,579,505 times
I am happy

I am finally at a point in my spiritual life that I am at peace, with the "blessed assurance" that I have found Him right where He always was...Within myself and waiting so patiently for me to just turn inward.

All my seeking, searching, arguing, studying, following man's wisdom, customs and rules just wasn't showing me a loving, merciful God..and I was

Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,028,828 times
Miss Blue, you now need to change your name from Miss Blue to something more cheerful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity