Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM

2,031 posts, read 3,228,348 times

Advertisements

Why are you so obsessed with the book of Enoch? Do you ever talk about anything else? It's very bizarre to me.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:55 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,949 times
Quote:
....then the heavens will be "clean", and God will be all in all. His Glory will fill every atom of the universe, except that which is "out", in the outer darkness, which is the blackness of darkness, and the Lake of Fire.
So maybe there should be a footnote after this verse?

1 Cor. 15:28 - "the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all * "

*-All does not include the blackness of darkness and lake of Fire but everything else.

Maybe Enoch is not in the bible for a reason?

Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,461,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Maybe Enoch is not in the bible for a reason?
Enoch is in the Bible. Bible means "collection of books", and the collection of books in the DSS included Enoch. The collection of books Jesus read included Enoch, from which He preached His Gospel, foundationally. Enoch was included in the collection of books of many early Church disciples, including the apostle Barnabas, who was appointed to the call of apostle to the Gentiles, equally, with Paul, at the same time, in the same Church, by the same anointing.
Enoch is in the Bible of the Ehtiopian Church, and has been from the beginning of the NT Church in Ethiopia, long before Rome banned it in the west. They were practicing Jews when the Gospel of Christ was preached and received by them, and they never banned Enoch, being Torah keeping Jews, as it is about the Christ they received as revealed as Enoch preached.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:16 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Enoch is in the Bible. Bible means "collection of books", and the collection of books in the DSS included Enoch. The collection of books Jesus read included Enoch, from which He preached His Gospel, foundationally. Enoch was included in the collection of books of many early Church disciples, including the apostle Barnabas, who was appointed to the call of apostle to the Gentiles, equally, with Paul, at the same time, in the same Church, by the same anointing.
Enoch is in the Bible of the Ehtiopian Church, and has been from the beginning of the NT Church in Ethiopia, long before Rome banned it in the west. They were practicing Jews when the Gospel of Christ was preached and received by them, and they never banned Enoch, being Torah keeping Jews, as it is about the Christ they received as revealed as Enoch preached.
Fine. But do you wish to address my other point?

Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 7,383 times
Did Jesus not teach accountability, in that there are sins that are unforgiveable, and sins that earn outer darkness.

The Book of Enoch is Holy, i would warn not to blaspheme the origins or words of the book. It's better to say nothing than condemn Holy Spirit filled teachings.

If you don't understand them, or are unaware of the righteous teachings, you can ask God the Father and He will tell you of their meaning.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Fine. But do you wish to address my other point?
It is already addressed in the Word of God, beginning in Enoch, and ended in Revelation.
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Rev 22:15 For without/ἔξω exō [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
AVwithout 23, out 16, out of 15, forth 8, outward 1, strange 1, away 1

Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer/exōteros darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

exōteros Comparative of ἔξω [www.blueletterbible.org]

Thayer's Lexicon (Help)

2Pe 2:12-17
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, [as] they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots [they are] and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the blackness /zophos of darkness/skotos is reserved for ever.

Quote:
1 Enoch 46

And there I saw One who had a head of days,
And His head was white like wool,
And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.
2And I asked the angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things, concerning that Son of Man, who he was, and whence he was, and why he went with the Head of Days? 3And he answered and said unto me:
This is the Son of Man who hath righteousness,
With whom dwelleth righteousness,
And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,
Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him,
And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.
4And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
And the strong from their thrones

And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
And break the teeth of the sinners.

5And he shall put down the kings from their thrones and kingdoms
Because they do not extol and praise Him,
Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.
And he shall put down the countenance of the strong,
And shall fill them with shame.

And darkness shall be their dwelling,
And worms shall be their bed,

And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds,
Because they do not extol the name cf the Lord of Spirits.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 06-22-2010 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,200,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
It is already addressed in the Word of God, beginning in Enoch, and ended in Revelation.
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Rev 22:15 For without/ἔξω exō [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
AVwithout 23, out 16, out of 15, forth 8, outward 1, strange 1, away 1

Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer/exōteros darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

exōteros Comparative of ἔξω [www.blueletterbible.org]

Thayer's Lexicon (Help)

2Pe 2:12-17
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, [as] they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots [they are] and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the blackness /zophos of darkness/skotos is reserved for ever.

We HAVE to remember the context of these verses and remember WHO Peter and Jude were talking about. The Pharisees were not interested in letting go of the traditions of men. They were only interested in others praise and admiration. They followed EVERY rule on the outside but were tombs without love on the inside, wandering in darkness. They were following Balaam; self righteous folks with a love of money. They pretended to know the mind of God, but they were really false teachers, with NO understanding of the love of God for ALL people and ALL things in his universe.

Jude 1:18 and II Peter 2:17 are easily paralleled here.

The following snippets are from the book, "The Universalist's Book of Reference," 1853.

The Universalist's Book of Reference ... - Google Books

II Peter 2:17. These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest, to whom the mist of darkness is reserved forever.

Peter was speaking of certain false teachers, probably Judaizing teachers, who privily should introduce heresies into the Christian church, and overthrow the faith of some. He does not say that this "mist of darkness" was reserved for them in a future state of existence, nor that they should suffer this mist of darkness in a future world. On the contrary, he says they shall "bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Again he says, their "judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." Peter had heard the predictions of our Lord respecting the punishment which was reserved for the unbelieving Jews, and for false professors and false teachers; and he knew that that punishment, when he wrote, was night at hand; and to this he evidently alludes.

If the banishment of the Jews from the land of Judea is called "everlasting punishment," without intending to signify that it is of endless duration, as we have shown to be the fact, with what propriety might the judicial blindness which came upon them be called the "mist of darkness forever!"

Jude 1:18. Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.

By comparing this with 2 Peter 2:17, it will be seen that the one is parallel with the other: and that both Peter and Jude are speaking on the same subject, of the same persons, and of the same punishment. Our remarks on 2 Peter 2:17, are therefore equally applicable on this text in Jude. It is there shown that no reference is had to punishment in a future state of existence, much less to a punishment which shall never end.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-22-2010 at 06:27 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 PM

The book which Jesus called both "Scripture" and "the Wisdom of God" ends with this, about the darkness state forever of the wicked and the light state forever of the righteous.

Quote:
108 Another book which Enoch wrote for his son Methuselah and for those who will come after him, and keep the law in the last days.
2Ye who have done good shall wait for those days till an end is made of those who work evil, and an end of the might of the transgressors. 3And wait ye indeed till sin has passed away, for their names shall be blotted out of the book of life and out of the holy books, and their seed shall be destroyed for ever, and their spirits shall be slain, and they shall cry and make lamentation in a place that is a chaotic wilderness, and in the fire shall they burn; for there is no earth there.

4And I saw there something like an invisible cloud; for by reason of its depth I could not look over, and I saw a flame of fire blazing brightly, and things like shining mountains circling and sweeping to and fro.
5And I asked one of the holy angels who was with me and said unto him: "What is this shining thing? for it is not a heaven but only the flame of a blazing fire, and the voice of weeping and crying and lamentation and strong pain."
6And he said unto me: "This place which thou seest- here are cast the spirits of sinners and blasphemers, and of those who work wickedness, and of those who pervert everything that the Lord hath spoken through the mouth of the prophets- even the things that shall be.
7"For some of them are written and inscribed above in the heaven, in order that the angels may read them and know that which shall befall the sinners, and the spirits of the humble, and of those who have afflicted their bodies, and been recompensed by God; and of those who have been put to shame by wicked men: 8Who love God and loved neither gold nor silver nor any of the good things which are in the world, but gave over their bodies to torture. 9Who, since they came into being, longed not after earthly food, but regarded everything as a passing breath, and lived accordingly, and the Lord tried them much, and their spirits were found pure so that they should bless His name.

10"And all the blessings destined for them I have recounted in the books. And He hath assigned them their recompense, because they have been found to be such as loved heaven more than their life in the world, and though they were trodden under foot of wicked men, and experienced abuse and reviling from them and were put to shame, yet they blessed Me.
11"And now I will summon the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. 12And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour. 13And they shall be resplendent for times without number; for righteousness is the judgement of God; for to the faithful He will give faithfulness in the habitation of upright paths.

14"And they shall see those who were born in darkness led into darkness, while the righteous shall be resplendent. 15And the sinners shall cry aloud and see them resplendent, and they indeed will go where days and seasons are prescribed for them."

Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 PM

Enoch sees the pit, and learns what it is for:
Quote:
46:26 And I went from thence to the middle of the earth, and I saw a blessed place in which there were trees with branches abiding and blooming of a dismembered tree. 2And there I saw a holy mountain, and underneath the mountain to the east there was a stream and it flowed towards the south. 3And I saw towards the east another mountain higher than this, and between them a deep and narrow ravine: in it also ran a stream underneath the mountain. 4And to the west thereof there was another mountain, lower than the former and of small elevation, and a ravine deep and dry between them: and another deep and dry ravine was at the extremities of the three mountains. 5And all the ravines were deep and narrow, being formed of hard rock, and trees were not planted upon them.
6And I marvelled at the rocks, and I marvelled at the ravine, yea, I marvelled very much.

27 Then said I: "For what object is this blessed land, which is entirely filled with trees, and this accursed valley between?"
2Then Uriel, one of the holy angels who was with me, answered and said: "This accursed valley is for those who are accursed for ever: here shall all the accursed be gathered together who utter with their lips against the Lord unseemly words and of His glory speak hard things. Here shall they be gathered together, and here shall be their place of judgement. 3In the last days there shall be upon them the spectacle of righteous judgement in the presence of the righteous for ever: here shall the merciful bless the Lord of glory, the Eternal King. 4In the days of judgement over the former, they shall bless Him for the mercy in accordance with which He has assigned them their lot."
5Then I blessed the Lord of Glory and set forth His glory and lauded Him gloriously.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:20 PM

1 Enoch, the darkness forever, of the unrighteous and wicked.

63 In those days shall the mighty and the kings who possess the earth implore Him to grant them a little respite from His angels of punishment to whom they were delivered, that they might fall down and worship before the Lord of Spirits, and confess their sins before Him. 2And they shall bless and glorify the Lord of Spirits, and say:
"Blessed is the Lord of Spirits and the Lord of kings,
And the Lord of the mighty and the Lord of the rich,
And the Lord of glory and the Lord of wisdom,
3And splendid in every secret thing is Thy power from generation to generation,
And Thy glory for ever and ever:
Deep are all Thy secrets and innumerable,
And Thy righteousness is beyond reckoning.
4We have now learnt that we should glorify
And bless the Lord of kings and Him who is king over all kings."
5And they shall say:
"Would that we had rest to glorify and give thanks
And confess our faith before His glory!
6And now we long for a little rest but find it not:
We follow hard upon and obtain it not:
And light has vanished from before us,
And darkness is our dwelling-place for ever and ever:
7For we have not believed before Him
Nor glorified the name of the Lord of Spirits, nor glorified our Lord

But our hope was in the sceptre of our kingdom,
And in our glory.
8And in the day of our suffering and tribulation He saves us not,
And we find no respite for confession
That our Lord is true in all His works, and in His judgements and His justice,
And His judgements have no respect of persons.
9And we pass away from before His face on account of our works,
And all our sins are reckoned up in righteousness."
10Now they shall say unto themselves: "Our souls are full of unrighteous gain, but it does not prevent us from descending from the midst thereof into the burden of Sheol."
11And after that their faces shall be filled with darkness
And shame before that Son of Man,

And they shall be driven from his presence,
And the sword shall abide before his face in their midst.
12Thus spake the Lord of Spirits: "This is the ordinance and judgement with respect to the mighty and the kings and the exalted and those who possess the earth before the Lord of Spirits."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity