Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 PM

811 posts, read 2,338,966 times

Advertisements

I've heard excuse after excuse about the southside and its image not being true. how about all these recent shootings? your pathetic actions only prove the fact that everyones image of you as dangerous, gang, and drug ridden are absolutely correct. how pathetic that this has become your daily lives, you should be ashamed, I am and I don't even live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 PM

26 posts, read 105,723 times
That is one part of the Southside. There are at least a dozen southside communities that mirror the safety of the northside. Mt. Greenwood, Beverly, Hegewisch, Morgan Park, Kenwood, Hyde Park, Bronzeville, Clearing, Ashburn, Washington Heights, and Garfield Ridge are all middle class, safe neighborhoods. None of the shootings took place there. if u are going to be so opinionated, bring evidentiary support with those opinions.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 PM

97 posts, read 255,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlybrat60643 View Post
That is one part of the Southside. There are at least a dozen southside communities that mirror the safety of the northside. Mt. Greenwood, Beverly, Hegewisch, Morgan Park, Kenwood, Hyde Park, Bronzeville, Clearing, Ashburn, Washington Heights, and Garfield Ridge are all middle class, safe neighborhoods. None of the shootings took place there. if u are going to be so opinionated, bring evidentiary support with those opinions.

Don't you get it? Just by saying "south side" it encapsulates all that the south side is!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,410,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I've heard excuse after excuse about the southside and its image not being true. how about all these recent shootings? your pathetic actions only prove the fact that everyones image of you as dangerous, gang, and drug ridden are absolutely correct. how pathetic that this has become your daily lives, you should be ashamed, I am and I don't even live there.
The only thing pathetic is your grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:02 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
What an awesome thread this is gonna be.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM

811 posts, read 2,338,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The only thing pathetic is your grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
I'll accept your inability to write a coherent response as an admission that my post is accurate.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,767,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I'll accept your inability to write a coherent response as an admission that my post is accurate.

That isn't all you accept.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,666,818 times
I know that it's Easter and everything, but I needed coffee and went to panera. They have these chocolate chip muffies?

Sure, it sounds like a bad date with a gal who fired the gardener, but it was so. Good.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:16 AM

17,430 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Just as there's a lot more to Indiana than Gary, there's a lot more to the south side than just Englewood.

And btw, there's quite a few people that think Hoosier's are dumb hicks ... thanks for perpetrating the sterotype.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,874,923 times
Beverlybrat,

I agree that there are some south sides neighborhoods such as Beverly that have some really nice parts but some of the neighborhoods you mentioned such as Bronzeville are not as safe as their north side counterparts. Bronzeville has some really rough parts.

I think Hyde Park, Kenwood are great areas and that areas such as Bronzeville are getting better (but not safe or middle class in many parts). As the whole, I do not think the south side is as safe as the north side though there are outliers such as kenwood and englewood.

I don't think it is a stretch to say there are more ghetto people on the southside and more yuppies on the north side. Kinda like saying Chicago Loop is nicer than Austin, North Lawndale, Garfield Park, Humboldt Park, West Haven (united center), Washington Park, much of Bronzeville, Englewood and other poor neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago