Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:12 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,953,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Maybe Dementor/Gioobag/Waukegan/GrundyCo will go away if we stop responding to them.
No that won't work either. His modus operandus is to insert his racist posts into random threads.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrundyCo View Post
"Banning" is something for people with a nazi-like mentality. When is the book burning party, NW Indiana?
What happens on unregulated message boards is a sort of a playground bully effect where the intelligent posters all leave and one or two idiots completely take over -- spewing one or two simple messages in various forms and under various screen names, over a span of time comparable to depleting Uranium.

See any one of a number of [domain blocked due to spam] forums for great examples of this. It's far better to have a regulated forum, trust me.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Folks, as soon as any banned people re-appear, do NOT reply to their postings.

Report them early and often.

Complain to the senior moderators, Markablue and Yac, to see if they can find a way to shut down the nonsense.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Indiana rulez View Post
Thanks again, but where can I find Markablue and Yac?
Send them a DM...and tell them that a troll left us a BM.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:03 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Indiana rulez View Post
Thanks again, but where can I find Markablue and Yac?
if you go to the main Citydata page where all the forums are listed, scroll all the way down to the "about the forum" section and in that forum there's a thread where you can contact the big boys. lol, or Mike's way may be easier!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
if you go to the main Citydata page where all the forums are listed, scroll all the way down to the "about the forum" section and in that forum there's a thread where you can contact the big boys
True, but when you use the "report bad post" icon (the triangle with the exclamation mark ! ) it goes into a forum only the mods can see, and a report is immediately sent to the inbox of the mods assigned to that forum. I can report a bad post in the forum I mod and it comes over the wire to my home email inbox within seconds. Use that icon and use it often when a troll starts up in your forums.

As far as sending a DM to markablue or yac, that's for when you want to have a dialog with them. They may be able to help.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opkl View Post
City Data flight. lol
Yup, that's a good analogy actually. Without residents diligently reporting suspicious activity and without good police work, you'll have a forum as unpleasant, illogical and poor as Englewood is as a neighborhood at the end of the day. An intellectual ghetto, my friend.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM

Scary thought, isn't it? Well, it's true. May our prayers go out to our mods, who patrol these boards as we sleep

Old 08-03-2009, 02:47 PM

211 posts, read 530,133 times
Poor Giobeggar, shunned by the citizens of city-data.

http://femmepower.crunchystyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/homeless-man-goes-wireless_thumb1.jpg (broken link)

What's your dog's name, Geo?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,446,874 times
^^Oh those guys. Though, gotta say, that's the first one I've seen over 25 years old. I guess all the youngin ones go back to their parents homes in Barrington come the first chills of autumn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago