Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times

Advertisements

Did any of you do the Chicago Bike the Drive on Sunday? I woke up at 5:45 and ate a little a dressed up quickly in my CSC bike gear, and I was very happy that the outdoor temp register 59F. Took my "FERRARI" - a 2006 Cervelo Soloist Team with Zipp 404 clinchers, Zero Gravity Brakes, Campy Record, Selle CF Seat, and CSC Water Bottles for the ride! I'm not bragging or conceited when I say I had the best road bike out there! I saw other Cervelos out there but they didn't have $2350 Zipp 404 wheels on them! So my $9000+ road bike RULED!

Yeah, as usual, I was totally ALPHA passing up 98% of the bikers there! The 2% that passed me were dedicated athletes that train for racing and speed. But I only hit a top speed of 30.3 mph. I gave up on a top speed sprint because there was a little wind, maybe up to 7 mph.

So look a my Cervelo bike pic, and if you remember seeing a DUDE pass you up in it, that was me!

Now gimme some ALPHA rep for making Chicago look soo good!

I took some scenery pics for memories too!

Any of you go there?
Attached Thumbnails
I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-my-hot-cervelo.jpg   I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-1.jpg   I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-2.jpg   I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-3.jpg   I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-4.jpg  

I ripped it at Chicago's Bike the Drive!-5.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,996,747 times
Just so you know:

You are bragging;

you seem to be conceited; and

you come off like a tool.

Your entire post can be summed up like this:

I have a really cool bike. It was really expensive. Did I mention that the wheels alone cost almost $2400? It was the best road bike out there. Which it should have been, since I paid 9 grand for it. Want to see a picture? Did I mention that my outfit matched my water bottles?

I rode faster than everyone except the riders who take bicycling seriously. I don't, even though my bike cost more than many people would spend on a car.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
As my family and I waited for the 151 bus to take us to the zoo on Sunday, I actually did look for a guy wearing a St. John's skirt suit on a BMX. Damn it Jesse, you threw me off with that road bike ****.

Last edited by Lookout Kid; 05-25-2009 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Sunday, not Saturday...

Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptowner View Post
Just so you know:

You are bragging;

you seem to be conceited; and

you come off like a tool.

Your entire post can be summed up like this:

I have a really cool bike. It was really expensive. Did I mention that the wheels alone cost almost $2400? It was the best road bike out there. Which it should have been, since I paid 9 grand for it. Want to see a picture? Did I mention that my outfit matched my water bottles?

I rode faster than everyone except the riders who take bicycling seriously. I don't, even though my bike cost more than many people would spend on a car.
Bragging? I made this post to poke a little fun at myself, like usual when I post my pic in drag! But how can I not be faster than 98% of the people there - WHEN I HAVE THE FASTEST ROAD BIKE THERE!

But it ain't bragging that I had THE BEST ROAD BIKE OUT THERE! Anyone who know road bikes knows Cervelos are the FASTEST AND MOST TREASURED ROAD BIKES! And when my frame & fork was on sale at bike shops it's would've cost you $3200 to get it! I got ebay lucky getting my bike with Campy Chorus and Ksyrium SLs. Then I ebay'ed off exchange parts and bought new ebay parts until I got the current configuration, at a total cost of $5800 for a $9000+ bike!

Road Bikers also know that the Zipp 404 is THE FASTEST MOST PRACTICAL WHEEL FOR RACING! IT'S HIGHLY CHERISHED AND EXPENSIVE! It really does cost $2350 at the "On the Route" bike shop! GOT MINE EBAY FOR $1030 SHIPPED!

My Cervelo is a real attention getter and people magnet! It also attracts the gold diggers!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
I bike for the exercise so the less efficient my bike is the more useful.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
As my family and I waited for the 151 bus to take us to the zoo on Saturday, I actually did look for a guy wearing a St. John's skirt suit on a BMX. Damn it Jesse, you threw me off with that road bike ****.
Look for what appears to be a chick wearing a BLUE / White "Wolves" cheerleading outfit on a Blue Hutch Trickster just watching the Gay Parade June 28th. I might be doing bunnyhops, 180s, and rock walks there... Don't know my boomerang, 360, or front wheel rolls yet...

I got womens activewear to hit a bmx bike on... St John is too expensive to thrash in!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I bike for the exercise so the less efficient my bike is the more useful.
I have 2 slow bmx bikes because of bad hub friction. Major pain to go fast and far on them, and I travel around 12 mph on these... My fastest bmx bike, the Hutch Trickstar - maybe I can cruise 17 to 18 mph / road bike speeds on it! I even travel faster to destinations than cars with it because I blow past traffic jams and pass stoplights when clear!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
Shut.Up.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Shut.Up.
Hey... the Chicago forum was getting lame and boring so it was time for another "Jesse69" ALPHA thread!

You can shut up about how you did NOTHING on Sunday!

Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
I went laser tagging...
and played
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago