Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Logan Square include North Avenue right on humboldt Park, ie, you could live on "Humboldt
Yes 2 25.00%
No 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM

527 posts, read 1,246,346 times

Advertisements

Does Logan Square include North Avenue, which is right on the actual humboldt park? IE, if you lived on North avenue on humboldt park itself you would actually live in LS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,451,197 times
Bloomingdale is the southern boundary of Logan Square. Though it does start to feel dicey as soon as you go south of Armitage.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:14 PM

Sorry about the poorly worded post. First time taking a poll. And yes by all standards ever created surly, you are correct, and even south of armitage is rarely accepted into the LS fold...

Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM

57 posts, read 157,774 times
Basekamp, I share your enthusiasm for Logan Square. I think it is a great neighborhood to live and it is definitely on the rise. It's proximity to the highway and the L, as well as other cool neighborhoods, indicate to me that it will always have a market. But you seem set on proving that Logan Square is good all over. In this case you are trying to do that to the exclusion of its southernmost areas. Like it or not, that area south of Armitage, north of Bloomingdale is considered Logan Square. Why not just qualify that Logan Square has good areas and bad areas? After all, area-wise it is a pretty large neighborhood. Why not just qualify that you don't consider anything south of Armitage to be "good Logan Square" in much the same way people will say "stay east of Kedzie/Kimball"?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Default u misunderstood?

You might misunderstand me. Logan Square does have crime. This Chimack guy and a few others post every crime that happens in our neighborhood with blatant disregard to near daily crimes in other neighborhoods, and I am about ready to start threading about those in response, but trying to peacefully mediate this... Anyhow, in this case, I acknowledge LS stops at Bloomingdale, not Armitage. It is a bit nitpicky was my point to call it that way, and then to in turn call the boundary North, which is ridiculous is also incorrect. Unfortunately, this is simply not the truth. Hence this vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrokeith View Post
Basekamp, I share your enthusiasm for Logan Square. I think it is a great neighborhood to live and it is definitely on the rise. It's proximity to the highway and the L, as well as other cool neighborhoods, indicate to me that it will always have a market. But you seem set on proving that Logan Square is good all over. In this case you are trying to do that to the exclusion of its southernmost areas. Like it or not, that area south of Armitage, north of Bloomingdale is considered Logan Square. Why not just qualify that Logan Square has good areas and bad areas? After all, area-wise it is a pretty large neighborhood. Why not just qualify that you don't consider anything south of Armitage to be "good Logan Square" in much the same way people will say "stay east of Kedzie/Kimball"?

Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 PM

This post is turning into a tally of AF's accounts.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM

179 posts, read 481,344 times
The poll is missing an "I don't give a rat's ass" option

Old 03-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Damage, I wish I could edit it, trust me. So, I am going to call it. NO North Avenue is not a part of Logan Square by popular opinion. I will accept the Bloomington border as now learned by my nemesis AF's correction, though the area south of Armitage there is not PS, which I had falsley assumed was the southernmost part of LS in its area..

AND as a further disclaimer, there are very dangerous areas of LS, where I would recommend people stay in after dark at night. Especially west of kedzie & South of armitage. But I say that with recognition that some large areas of LS like Palmer Square, a 100 block sub-neighborhood of LS, have had only one murder in the past three years. Per capita that is as good as any similarly sized neighborhood in Chicago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago