Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 06:01 PM

72 posts, read 264,580 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm hoping to move to Chicago by next Fall. I'm a full time university student in Florida currently. I will have 77 credits by next Fall and im hoping to complete my Finance undergrad in Chicago. Can you guys recommend a university where I can finish my degree without having too many credits not transfer over? The university doesn't need to be competitive. The university will have to be within the city or someplace that the subway can take me too as I will be living downtown and I won't have a car. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 07:52 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,641,092 times
You are going to have to contact each university on your own. How would we know specifically which credits would transfer from your specific university and which would not?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:14 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,200,210 times
I will list for you the universities near subway/el lines that come to mind. This list is by no means complete: Loyola, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Roosevelt, Devry (you said it doesn't need to be competitive), DePaul, Robert Morris, University of Chicago and Northeastern (later two require el and bus depending on where you live). These come quickly to mind.

I hope that helps as a starting point for you to contact colleges re. possible credit transfers. Northeastern and University of Illinois are state schools. And of course, University of Chicago and Northwestern are highly competitive private schools.

We also have a number of City Colleges(they each go by a different name), however, I don't believe any of those offer BS/BA degrees in Business. They are mainly 2 year programs with some exceptions.

Last edited by soulful; 02-11-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 AM

152 posts, read 537,511 times
Most undergrad business (finance) majors go to either Depaul or IIT. Both campuses are in close proximity to public transport.

U of C and Northwestern do not offer undergrad business programs, only graduate programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgadams View Post
Hello everyone. I'm hoping to move to Chicago by next Fall. I'm a full time university student in Florida currently. I will have 77 credits by next Fall and im hoping to complete my Finance undergrad in Chicago. Can you guys recommend a university where I can finish my degree without having too many credits not transfer over? The university doesn't need to be competitive. The university will have to be within the city or someplace that the subway can take me too as I will be living downtown and I won't have a car. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:46 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,929,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimicata View Post
I will list for you the universities near subway/el lines that come to mind. This list is by no means complete: Loyola, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Roosevelt, Devry (you said it doesn't need to be competitive), DePaul, Robert Morris, University of Chicago and Northeastern (later two require el and bus depending on where you live). These come quickly to mind.

I hope that helps as a starting point for you to contact colleges re. possible credit transfers. Northeastern and University of Illinois are state schools. And of course, University of Chicago and Northwestern are highly competitive private schools.

We also have a number of City Colleges(they each go by a different name), however, I don't believe any of those offer BS/BA degrees in Business. They are mainly 2 year programs with some exceptions.
North Park U. is also relatively close to the brown line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago