Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM

328 posts, read 1,397,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
So in what area did you find your new place and how much does it cost?
I am still living in Lakeview, and paying 10 dollars more a month, so 1195. I moved from about 600 west in a Vintage to 1100 West in a Rehab. Here is the price comparison of what I had/what I have now:

Old Apartment - Found through an "Apartment Locator": Vintage, No electricy in bathroom (except for overhead light), no exhaust in bathroom, no cable outlets in the bedroom, floor that is cracked/breaking in pieces, small kitchen, no dishwasher, no washer/dryer. Very small stove and small fridge as well. Steam Heat, Window air conditioning. Noisy (due to bedroom facing Broadway Street). The door to the hallway did not keep the odors of my neighbors who like to smoke and make ethnic cuisine frequently...I cannot tell you how many times I have had to "Febreeze" the hallway or open a window in the dead of window to get that unique odor out. Did I mention that the management company had to fix water damage to the bedroom, twice? All they did was replaster and paint it, not actually fix the problem in the roof.

New Apartment - Craigslist - 2 Year old Gut Rehab, electricity in bathroom with exhaust fan, 2 year old hardwood floors that don't creak and aren't cracked, big kitchen with full-size stove, dishwasher, and full-size fridge. Built-in Microwave. Washer/Dryer in unit. Central Heat and Air Conditioning. Quieter, minus being on the first floor. No more smokey smells. And the one issue I had (toilet seat being loose) was fixed promptly already.

So yeah, that 10 bucks a month is well worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago