Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzyq View Post
I grew up in 26th St but was moved to the burbs during my teenage yrs. I would always be back in the hood though hanging out with the Latin Kings. Near 25th and Drake or over by 25th and Christiana (i think i spelled that right haha). Its funny because all I wanted to do was be out there with the gangs hanging out and doing whatever they did. I was a young, dumb a$$ girl who didn't realize it wasn't worth it. My dad was a banger all his life and he was Two-Six. So believe me I kept quiet about where I would be or who I'd be with.
Any good initiation stories?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times
Amazon.com: My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King (Illinois): Reymundo Sanchez: Books

Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
These videos show a lot about what I remember... The 2nd one shows more areas than Albany Park.

YouTube - Old School Albany Park, Chicago Latin Kings 2

YouTube - Old School Albany Park, Chicago Latin kings 1

Old 10-23-2009, 04:00 AM

30 posts, read 237,575 times
these videos bring back memories if you ever find any piks cards sweaters hit me up .......... alot to share

Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 PM

30 posts, read 237,575 times
the green sweater is a c note sweater .

Old 12-03-2009, 03:23 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times
we had largely Insane Unknowns, but they lived up to their name and weren't noticeable on the street for the most part.

but the neighborhood (Lake View) was a lot tougher back then overall, there were always plenty of young adults who took it upon themselves to keep the teen wanna-be tough guys in line. the only hard and fast rule in my hood was don't associate with SC Royals, but they were held in such low esteem that kids insulted each other by suggesting that was a group they should join, so it was pretty much a non-issue.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLL View Post
growing up in logan quare as a youth in the early 80z i think gangs were a way of life maybe not really even knowing that you are in a gang but with several "brothers "you consider your second family or first in some aspects because of a broken home ? in my case i had a family and was white in a dominately puerto rican neighborhood . so we stuck together pretty much but i wasnt a rascist at all i had many pr friends .to make a long story short i survived my childhood and consider myself a success story with a family of my own these days in the south west burbs . but i still hold onto my youth in a way im fascinated with gangs the history not for publish for personel refreshing ? i collect old chicago gang memoralbilia i cant get enough of the stories piks cards whatever articles i have alot of ex rivals as friends these days we get together and talk about the bad ole days ?lol anyone else ever bang as a kid and from where ? the chicago gang scene has changed alot over the decades now it aint about fist fights or corners but drugs and money . its a terrible place to be and wouldnt want my kids in da city for nothing . heres a few sweaters that been collected over the years enjoy .

ay gee where can i get a amighty ambroses sweater likke those

Old 02-12-2011, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,861 times
Default Cards

Looking for some GMst UnKnown cards, King cards all sections, Spanish Cobra cards, Imperial Gangster cards, Noble Knights cards, Saints cards....my email is oldskoolghost@ymail.com

Hit me up and if you're looking to sell them please be reasonable with your prices. Thanks

Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 AM

314 posts, read 759,601 times
I've heard Chicago gangs are devil worshippers..Which is believable...I mean any movement whom acts as killing and pushing dope to it's own people is some type of righteous cause obviously has sold tier soul to the devil.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,426 times
Thumbs up How did you find those

Let me know if you come across a saints one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago