Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 AM

76 posts, read 255,436 times

Advertisements

Ok Guys
I have this friend who I go out for dinner around 11 pm and then we dont understand what to do
I am new to chicago (around 5 months here now)
Can someone suggest some places to go or activities to do at this time
Since she doesnt drink and I dont drink too, clubs/bars are ruled out
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 AM

838 posts, read 3,107,714 times
2am in chicago, not into bars or clubs? you are out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Ok Guys
I have this friend who I go out for dinner around 11 pm and then we dont understand what to do
I am new to chicago (around 5 months here now)
Can someone suggest some places to go or activities to do at this time
Since she doesnt drink and I dont drink too, clubs/bars are ruled out
Thanks

Old 12-13-2008, 08:49 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,098,812 times
White Castle?

Bowling? (are there still 24 hour bowling alleys?)

shop at a 24 hour store?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,130,363 times
Let's face it, most nightlife revolved around dancing and/or hanging out at a bar. There is nothing to prevent you from going out dancing and not drinking though, or going to a bar and ordering a diet coke. You could hit up a midnight movie or hang out at that all night coffee shop at clark and roscoe (pick me up cafe), but other than that, you aren't going to find a whole lot of options that late at night.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM

62 posts, read 275,771 times
sleep?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:29 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,104,362 times
I hit the hookah bars. I hate clubs/loud music but hookah bars are great for lounging and talking. I have been to them quite late, not sure exactly what time they close though. One in Hyde Park is open to 2am officially but often closes later, but I believe I've been to others later (e.g. Wicker Park area). Maybe others can chime in.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:53 PM

27 posts, read 151,211 times
best place to eat --- Pick Me Up cafe on Clark, near Addison and Wrigley Field. Good for vegans and vegetarians. Espresso bar serving Metropolis coffee (yummmm.) Amazing vegan cheese fries. It's a really chill place, decorated neat with cool colored lighting. Open 24 hrs on the weekend and until 3am on all other days.

Clarke's is good. Amazing skillets. There's one on Lincoln a tiny bit north of Fullerton, which also has a bar. There's also one on Belmont right next to the red line. There's one in Evanston which is only open til midnight.

If you like Indian and Pakistani food, Baba Palace is open 24 hours. It's on Chicago, right near the brown line. It's a hole in the wall, but with good cheap food. There's always lots of taxi drivers there.

There's also a 24 hour Korean place that I've only been to once, but it's up near Koreatown I believe.

There's two 24 hour Starbucks. One at Clark and Belmont which is pretty small, and one in Uptown at North and Wells.
There's a coffeehouse called The Fixx that's on Sheffield south of the Belmont red line that's open til midnight or so.

There's also a coffeehouse in Evanston called Kafein that is open til 3am weekends and 2am weekdays.

There's a hookah lounge on Belmont near Halsted that I've seen open late.
I wasn't big on hookah while in Chicago though, so I'm not sure, but check Centerstage or something.

Myopic Books, a used bookstore in Wicker Park is open til 1am.

So yeahhhh, there's more than White Castle or a Walgreens.

I keep thinking there's more stuff, but I just can't remember. I spent a lot of times at massive houses with friends all night, and would really just go out for food.
I used to just wander a lot in Chicago, and that's how I found almost all of these places. Buuut if you look on Centerstage and things like that you can sometimes find things.

There is a 24 hour bowling center somewhere.

I like going to the lake in the middle of the night. Maybe I'm just weird but I like the silence and calm. It's especially pretty when snowing, although cold.

Last edited by becoming trees; 12-13-2008 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: to add the fixx!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 PM

668 posts, read 2,367,223 times
OK, well if ur not into drinking/bars/clubs u will go bored in any city. Bascially everything you can do would revolve around eating food, drinking stuff, watching a movie or sleeping. The hookah bar was another good suggestion, but since ur not into drinking, ur probably not into smoking either. You can drive around and yell at people and make fun of people, thats what me n my friends do when we've run out of options, it's obnxious, but no one can deny it's entertaining. The worser the neighborhood, the more fun it is. Though that acitvity is also more of something you do when ur drunk.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 PM

2,239 posts, read 6,266,784 times
Cruise...

Go to the lake and chill.

Go tagging.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:13 PM

734 posts, read 2,060,575 times
Empress is always an option. No traffic at 2am, you can get there in like 15 minutes from downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago