Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you Attending Obama Rally @ Grand Park?
Of course! 26 44.83%
Not if you paid me! 32 55.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,114,052 times

Advertisements

So how do you know if you are on the wait list or actually got a ticket? I recieved the confirmation email saying I signed up for a ticket, not that I received one, and additional information would be forthcoming in the next few days.

Did you guys get an email specifically saying you're on the waiting list?

edit: Nevermind, I see now. Looks like I got a ticket. I'd offer my guest spot to one of you guys who missed out, but I'm going with some people from work, one of whom I know wasn't able to sign up today.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM

51 posts, read 114,558 times
****, man. I registered around 6 and was wait-listed. I'm really pissed because I JUST went to Obama headquarters and talked to some intern at approximately 3pm regarding the rally. I said "WILL THERE BE TICKETS?" She told me "No." And then I hear we had to register for tickets!

I really want to go. I might just show up anyway. Maybe there will be screens or something to watch on.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 PM

56 posts, read 143,155 times
I might go and videotape it. Should be a historical event. There should be some serious clowns I can get on tape.

Will it be like the gang summit at the beginning of "the Warriors"?? I hope for Obama's sake there is no violence. I read today an Obama supporter hung a Palin effigy in a noose. Could you imagine the whining if the situation was reversed? Oh, well, everyone knows how nasty, vicious, and hateful the bolshevik rabble can be.

It's only a matter of time before Columbus Drive gets renamed. Any ideas what it will be? Obama Drive, Mandela Drive, DuSable Drive? Renaming streets, cities and schools (instead of creating their own) is one of the first things these types do.

Last edited by lionelrich; 10-28-2008 at 09:52 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 10:12 AM

72 posts, read 212,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrgrrrl View Post
I'll be there. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

A once in a lifetime opportunity to be stampeded on. Use some common sense and stay away from that madness before u r another sad statistic of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. get a clue.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,638,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potter View Post
A once in a lifetime opportunity to be stampeded on. Use some common sense and stay away from that madness before u r another sad statistic of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. get a clue.
I choose not to live my life in fear. Its a historical event and I believe people have the maturity level to act responsibly..I'll be there.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,960,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelrich View Post
I read today an Obama supporter hung a Palin effigy in a noose. Could you imagine the whining if the situation was reversed? Oh, well, everyone knows how nasty, vicious, and hateful the bolshevik rabble can be.
Here you go.
Obama effigy found hanging from tree at UK | courier-journal | The Courier-Journal

I guess everyone knows how nasty, vicious, and hateful the wingnut rabble can be.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:29 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,815,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potter View Post
I feel sorry for you. You must miss out on a lot of great life experiences with that level of hysterical fear. Telling someone to "get a clue" is so ridiculous in this context.

Obama will win anyway, so the crowd will be happy.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,041 times
I didn't find out that tickets were being given away until this morning, and sadly they were already gone.

Why SHOULDN'T Columbus Drive be renamed for DuSable? He established the first permanent settlement that became Chicago pretty much near the northern end of Columbus Drive. He doesn't have a street named after him in Chicago, and should. Anyway, there is already a Columbus Ave on the southwest side.

Last edited by Mister Mappy; 10-29-2008 at 03:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 PM

72 posts, read 212,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
I didn't find out that tickets were being given away untilthis morning, and sadly they we already gone.

Why SHOULDN'T Columbus Drive be renamed for DuSable? He established the first permanent settlement that became Chicago pretty much near the northern end of Columbus Drive. He doesn't have a street named after him in Chicago, and should. Anyway, there is already a Columbus Ave on the southwest side.
Why should Columbus Drive be renamed at all? We should start by renaming Fred Hampton Drive in Maywood. Thats right, a stret named after a Black Panther who hated cops and used violence to justify his cause. Wow.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,041 times
What does DuSable have to do with Fred Hampton?

If you have a problem with Fred Hampton Dr. in Maywood, I would suggest contacting their village government. Are you a Maywood resident?

It's no skin off my back if Columbus Dr. is renamed or not. Just responding to a goofball post. DuSable should have a major street named after him in Chicago, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago