Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 AM

346 posts, read 710,933 times

Advertisements

My knowledge of Chicago is limited to the north-side, so I cannot give the best answer to my question, hence why I'm asking you knowledgeable folks here.

What street is the most dangerous major street in Chicago? In other words, what major street passes through the most dangerous neighborhoods?

My vote: Division Street

It's a street where you pass through Cabrini Green, Humboldt Park, Garfield Park (I'm guessing GP stretches over Division right?), and Austin.

I know this is a weird question, but I got intrigued once I took a drive from Division street starting near the lake, and went west until it ended. I didn't know of the neighborhoods I was going through back then, but I saw some really rough areas. Do any other major streets in Chicago pass through so many dangerous areas?

Again, I know this is a really random question but I have a great interest in the spent my whole life growing up in, and I'm really random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 03:24 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,448,202 times
There are a lot of long streets that pass through a lot of depressed neighborhoods. The question is pretty pointless.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 AM

4,082 posts, read 10,426,448 times
Oh, I thought you meant dangerous as in traffic... good thing I read your post. I agree with Drover on this one, and Garfield Park doesn't stretch over Division....that would be Humboldt Park.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,237,929 times
All of them

Old 06-20-2008, 07:49 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,256,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Oh, I thought you meant dangerous as in traffic... good thing I read your post. I agree with Drover on this one, and Garfield Park doesn't stretch over Division....that would be Humboldt Park.
yeah, that's what I was thinking .. as far as traffic. so I was all armed with my answer about people flying off of LSD onto Hollywood.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 38,818 times
this is the most ridiculous thing i've read all week.

if you think division is dangerous because it passes through cabrini green (which for the most part is nearly extinct) and humboldt park, you should probably go back into your hole in the corner of the starbucks at halsted/webster. and really, halsted itself would be my candidate for this ridiculous question.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:01 PM

346 posts, read 710,933 times
Thank you for answering my question in the rudest of manners.

But yes, Cabrini Green IS near extinct, but a few years ago it was still intact. And I realize this is an odd question, but it's interesting to me regardless, so if it is strange to you I see no reason to make rude comments on it - just a straight answer would suffice. And after viewing where Halsted street runs, it is a good answer nonetheless.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:27 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,221,700 times
Is it pointless because you said it's pointless?

I guess you're the "Question police" now...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
There are a lot of long streets that pass through a lot of depressed neighborhoods. The question is pretty pointless.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 PM

2 posts, read 21,924 times
Default dangerous streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
My knowledge of Chicago is limited to the north-side, so I cannot give the best answer to my question, hence why I'm asking you knowledgeable folks here.

What street is the most dangerous major street in Chicago? In other words, what major street passes through the most dangerous neighborhoods?

My vote: Division Street

It's a street where you pass through Cabrini Green, Humboldt Park, Garfield Park (I'm guessing GP stretches over Division right?), and Austin.

I know this is a weird question, but I got intrigued once I took a drive from Division street starting near the lake, and went west until it ended. I didn't know of the neighborhoods I was going through back then, but I saw some really rough areas. Do any other major streets in Chicago pass through so many dangerous areas?

Again, I know this is a really random question but I have a great interest in the spent my whole life growing up in, and I'm really random.

I would say Federal where the Robert Taylor Homes Where
and California in humboldt pArk

Old 07-28-2008, 05:06 PM

127 posts, read 443,669 times
my vote is on King dr. on the south side, very dangerous to be on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago