Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 10:17 AM

253 posts, read 198,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshadow914 View Post
America is overpopulated, we don't have a migrant problem, we have a people problem. There are too many people taking up space, food, housing, resources, etc but everyone is afraid to speak the truth, if you say there's too many people and there needs to be a cap on immigration and births, all of a sudden you'll be called a "evil monster" and "eugenicist" smh. Earth already is beyond carrying capacity, we will continue having these problems unless laws are implemented preventing population growth, that is the reality.
Why do I see vast swaths of land and abandoned buildings on the south and west sides if we are overpopulated?

Why was Chicago's population over 3 million years ago and now it's 700k less?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 07:38 AM

78,364 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-guy View Post
No one thinks it's working out okay. It does need to be trickled down. It starts at the federal level. Yes. We all know that. But having a bunch of families sleeping in tents on the street is something I never thought I'd see in the U.S. There's multi[le levels/stages that people are choosing to see the problem at. One can have varying opinions at different stages of the problem.

As a whole, legislation does need to happen asap to suppress the mass influx.
But once on U.s. soil, I think we are able and should treat people with a bit more dignity.
I don't think the fact that one's mother was able to pop you out on American soil automatically makes one deemed superior and deserving of more rights. But that's just me. Obviously people do feel that way.
Couple of comments:

1) There have been a number of southern states raising the alarm about numbers and being overwhelmed for years. They were called racists. That's been the entire rebuttal all along. No attempt to discuss impact and policy...just shut it down with "racism".

2) IL governor (and others) blaming Texas and with a straight face now that they have an issue.

3) The federal plan is, here you go...see ya in 5 years (maybe) go wander about the country.

4) Every country has citizenship and yes that comes with the right to be in that country. Not really sure what you have in mind there.

Old 01-15-2024, 07:44 AM

78,364 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Why do I see vast swaths of land and abandoned buildings on the south and west sides if we are overpopulated?

Why was Chicago's population over 3 million years ago and now it's 700k less?
THey moved to the suburbs. The metro area has grown by millions. (scroll pretty far down for the numbers)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_metropolitan_area

Old 01-15-2024, 09:45 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Couple of comments:

1) There have been a number of southern states raising the alarm about numbers and being overwhelmed for years. They were called racists. That's been the entire rebuttal all along. No attempt to discuss impact and policy...just shut it down with "racism".

2) IL governor (and others) blaming Texas and with a straight face now that they have an issue.

3) The federal plan is, here you go...see ya in 5 years (maybe) go wander about the country.

4) Every country has citizenship and yes that comes with the right to be in that country. Not really sure what you have in mind there.
JB has also spread the blame to the Federal inaction.

IL and Chicago are nearing the end of their financial rope with migrants, and probably in a month or so, there won't be any more housing/shelters/aid available.

And it's winter.

Their best bet is to find southbound transportation - otherwise, we'll see some mass deaths.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:56 AM

52 posts, read 24,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
JB has also spread the blame to the Federal inaction.

IL and Chicago are nearing the end of their financial rope with migrants, and probably in a month or so, there won't be any more housing/shelters/aid available.

And it's winter.

Their best bet is to find southbound transportation - otherwise, we'll see some mass deaths.
I think that's what the anti mmmigration crowd wants.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:27 PM

131 posts, read 67,233 times
Well after all.....they came here under the belief they had a free meal ticket to food, housing, medical care and schools. Sorry.....that ain't the way it works. And if that's what it takes for the current illegals, undocumented or call them what you want...then perhaps the word will get out they are better staying put south of the border. There are limits to everything in the world and in life. You guys just may be closer to that point then you realize. So the so called immigrants are about to learn a very tough lesson.

Old 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM

Quote:
THey moved to the suburbs. The metro area has grown by millions. (scroll pretty far down for the numbers)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_metropolitan_area
So that means there's no lack of space.

Old 01-16-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Couple of comments:

So as a citzen, you should allow people in your line of sight to just perish, for the mere fact that they are not a citzen.

Old 01-18-2024, 12:07 PM

131 posts, read 67,233 times
Quote:
So as a citzen, you should allow people in your line of sight to just perish, for the mere fact that they are not a citzen.
Your attitude reflects the liberal bent that has infected this country for some time now. It is that there is no longer any such word as "Illegal" and that there are exceptions to every rule and great flexibility to the very ways in which this country has ALWAYS functioned. The current administration is doing it's level best to completely undo all that previously allowed this country to function (properly) in some manner. Now it's being cast into pure chaos. If we should get so lucky to get someone in place running this country that once again can reinstate some manner of regulations to straighten this mess out then and only then do we have a chance of having a country back. I'm sorry that there are many disadvantaged people in the world from OTHER countries that wish to suck off our previously superior way of life. But that does NOT (I repeat NOT) entitle them to just walk on up here, cross our borders without regulation and expect we're going to take care of them like a lost child. This country has NEVER been that way before and dang sure should NOT become the wet nurse for the rest of the world at this time. We're already in an upheaval with the last thing we need now is millions of undocumented people entering the fray, many of which will come with bad intentions as they already HAVE. From countries that are not our friend. Who knows when the results of this is about to be the bomb that will go off. Just glad they are mostly headed YOUR way not mine.

Old 01-18-2024, 12:31 PM

42,841 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
You guys sure do crack me up. I got news for ya. NOBODY really wants them. You can spout off all you want about your liberal intents. Our country is currently in enough of an upheaval and not prepared to deal with this additional burden, which it most certainly IS.....more now then ever. We are a seriously divided country at this time and this is only increasing the divide. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a near civil war erupt when the next election time comes around. Mod cut. And as long as good ole' Soros keeps writing those nice fat checks to keep his buddies including that last disastrous president prior to Trump we had influencing the sad direction this country is headed, we'll continue off the deep end. Chicago to me is but a faint memory of what was once a rather vibrant productive city. I feel sorry for those that will have to endure what lies ahead. As they say good luck with that.
Farmers, ranchers, and businesses want immigrants & they want cheap ones - not the kind you get if you participate in H-2B. If they didn't want them they would have made sure that congress passed a way to keep migrants out a long time ago. Soros can't be your go to guy to blame for everything, he has nothing to do with this, it's all about greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago