Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 03:29 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,185,099 times

Advertisements

I was surprised at all the people smoking on the trains in recent months and all the rapping going about which usually was a rap about violence of course. Nothing is ever done about the homeless, the music. the gambling and smoking, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 08:39 PM

74 posts, read 67,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycomoque View Post
The problem was the response to it since an agent has to come to the car when the button is pushed. Unfortunately there's no accounting for the speed of this agent thus giving the guys ample time to run off as soon as the doors opened again.

She accomplished nothing but delaying the whole train.

You're right, let's just leave the trains as a free for all! It's going so well.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:15 AM

154 posts, read 116,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencheese View Post
You're right, let's just leave the trains as a free for all! It's going so well.
There isn't any political will for anything else, sir. It is what it is at this point.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:07 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,584,990 times
Jesus, the Blue line was a nightmare last night heading south from Division to LaSalle. To all the "well, it's a big city ya racist" types, I hope they step on broken crackpipes in their bare feet!

Old 03-01-2022, 09:19 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,274,683 times
Tbideon, I'm going to ONE UP you with MY CITY:

A man walked into Police District 5 and shot it up.

YES, things are out of control, all over.

I respect all the contributors here. I can understand why someone would want to bring attention to the people on the L train for gambling. Is it the "Crime of the Century"?... Of course not.

And yet, I think we can all understand that if we keep "allowing" the disregard to following rules (in general), then the bar for establishing order gets swayed. And for wrong-doers, they take that as an opening to try to get away with other things, more and more, until their behaviors actually DO impact passengers directly.

A tough situation. I'm sorry to hear you have to go through it.

Old 03-03-2022, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Good morning, team!

This MAY matter to some, and maybe NOT to others: Any thoughts on the mask mandate on the L (and other public transportation?).

I was very happy to read today that the mask mandate and vaccine card mandate is CURRENTLY removed!

I had a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles experience on the L trains yesterday. I tried to get from Lincoln Square to Heart of Italy neighborhoods. The Brown Line stopped at Southport, and we all had to take a shuttle to Belmont.... And then when I got off in the loop, I was just SO excited to see a sign saying the Pink Line was NOT stopping at that platform.

So I just took another Brown Line back/shuttle/Brown Line again back!

And then I DROVE to Il Vicinato, for the first time, because I was NOT going to let this stop my fun and enjoyed a great meal.

I can't say THIS time I noticed any unruly behaviors on any ride (I was on the Red Line for a bit, too). There was one woman that boarded that was screaming aloud. But she seemed to be struggling with some mental health illness, and truthfully did not purposely try to bother anyone.

So on this particular trip, I did not see the panhandling or aggressive behaviors. But I have bore witness to them before, and I understand your frustrations.
So we can go anywhere now right? No Mask and no vaccination crap?

Old 03-03-2022, 07:10 AM

Robert9, good morning.

At this time, masks ARE required to ride public transportation.

Additionally, each establishment is able to require a mask/vaccine card if THEY wish to establish it. So, there will be some bars and/or restaurants that will maintain them. So you MAY want to call ahead, but given that it is no longer a mandate on the County and State level, I would suspect most places are going to welcome you with loving arms!!!

So, now we can get that coffee, brother!!

Old 03-03-2022, 07:14 AM

71 posts, read 45,745 times
Masks on transportation and airports is a federal mandate. The city or state cant overrule that.

But yes for the most part, you dont have to wear masks outside or inside unless the establishment your going to says so. No vax either.

Last edited by bearsmiths; 03-03-2022 at 07:56 AM..

Old 03-03-2022, 07:53 AM

Thank you for the responses, Master Jay and bearsmith!

Old 03-03-2022, 08:30 AM

Robert9, you are welcome.

Stay safe, healthy, and happy!

Spring is approaching!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago