Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 08:35 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,055,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Sadly Illinois does not have recall power even though if any state needed it it would be Illinois.

Why should voters be allowed to simply change their minds?.
Not trying to create a debate, but it seems this practice undermines the electoral process; as voters should be required to live with their ballot decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 08:58 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Not trying to create a debate, but it seems this practice undermines the electoral process; as voters should be required to live with their ballot decision.
I am getting tired of all these people saying how they deeply regret voting for lightfoot and biden. I mean come on how could they not know how bad they would be! Do these people not pay attention at all BEFORE voting!

Old 02-23-2022, 09:36 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Conservatives were very fast to point fingers at the progressives about trying to destroy democracy with their clumsy and transparent "voting reform attempt," and rightfully so. And yet here they are, advocating giving one guy (a Democrat no less) the power to remove locally elected officials. That's gonna work out great in the long term!

Both sides are laughable now, not just Chicago voters. Didn't anybody learn about the "slippery slope" in school? Or am I just so old now that i learned it under a different curriculum that's now in the dust bin of history? Regardless, always think of the end game.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:41 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I am getting tired of all these people saying how they deeply regret voting for lightfoot and biden. I mean come on how could they not know how bad they would be! Do these people not pay attention at all BEFORE voting!
I voted for Lightfoot in the 2nd round and have no regrets. Why? Because it was between her and Preckwinkle. Preckwinkle would have been much worse, I virtually guarantee it. Lightfoot actually only got 15% of the vote in the primary. I didn't vote for here there. I voted for the last place guy, lol! Too many candidates.

Foxx? You got me there. She never hid her views. And she had no business winning a second term. That was pretty stupid.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:45 AM

249 posts, read 182,312 times
Quote:
Voters in chicago are laughed at by the world for a reason
If by world you mean Alabama and Indiana then yes.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
If by world you mean Alabama and Indiana then yes.
You think two states cover the world, wow ok lmao

Old 02-23-2022, 10:09 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
True I doubt it would make any difference. We are talking about voters that reelected Blagojecvich, reelected Kim Foxx, voted to retain a judge that was found legally insane and had to be removed by the judiciary committee...

As I said voters in Chicago are a little slow. At least those that vote at all. In muni election turnouts can be 10-25% of registered voters.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:25 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,633 times
Quote:
Deeply regret voting for Biden? As opposed to the treasonous guy who just praised Putin as genius in wartime, led a mob to kill Capitol police on January 6, and is consistently ranked as one of the 5 worst presidents in history? You might be tired of people who regret how they voted, but I am tired of dumb posts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...isis-rcna17259

https://www.usnews.com/news/special-...rst-presidents

Trump ranked 2nd worst in history here.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Deeply regret voting for Biden? As opposed to the treasonous guy who just praised Putin as genius in wartime, led a mob to kill Capitol police on January 6, and is consistently ranked as one of the 5 worst presidents in history? You might be tired of people who regret how they voted, but I am tired of dumb posts.

Then you must be very tired of your posts. And do not ever reply to me again until you learn to address what I actually say as clearly you are not capable of that. And also do not ever tell me your opinion again as it means nothing to me and I did not ask for it

Old 02-23-2022, 10:43 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post

Right now I'd rather have Trump than Brandon. At least people could afford gas, groceries, and cars and the country was better run and better off.

Putin is a genius. An evil genius but a genius none the less.

As for the rest, typical MSNBC talking points. No evidence Trump led nor encouraged the Jan 6 riot, as for his ranking those "progressive" academics will probably rank Biden as number 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago