Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 07:30 AM

731 posts, read 484,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
This is the hill you want to defend? A woman walking her toy dog after hours? Seriously? I could understand if it was some gangbangers car jacking someone or the lowlifes who jack rolled the dude in river north this weekend but this? Oh well. Guess we all have different priorities
I don't know what you're on about, but your comparison is off, is alls I'm saying.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:52 AM

1,067 posts, read 915,505 times
Quote:
This is the hill you want to defend? A woman walking her toy dog after hours? Seriously? I could understand if it was some gangbangers car jacking someone or the lowlifes who jack rolled the dude in river north this weekend but this? Oh well. Guess we all have different priorities
The issue is not supporting our police when they are correctly doing their job...while reinforcing citizens to play the victim card instead of comply...snowballs into police feeling powerless and crime rising across all categories.

Take the Adam Toledo example (13 years old) and Ruben Roman (21 year old). At 230AM they are shooting a gun in Little Village. Police get called, they run, police chase and shoot Toledo less than a second after he drops a gun and turns that police bodycam footage shows him holding. The police are heroes right? Wrong. The police get blamed for excessive force and a new CPD policy is enacted not allowing officers to pursue a suspect that commits a misdemeanor unless the person poses an “obvious” threat to the community. You mean like...oh I don't know...SHOOTING A GUN IN LITTLE VILLAGE???

Adam Toledo all of the sudden becomes a victim. Mayor Lightfoot says we failed him. Citizens protest police "brutality". CPD receives no support. Family has or will file a lawsuit and get a multi-million dollar settlement making Toledo a "victim". And the circus continues...

Meanwhile if when I was 13 and shooting a gun on the streets of Chicago at 230AM and police chased and shot me out of fear for their life my parents would be sad but ultimately their reaction would be "play stupid games...win stupid prizes" and they would be apologizing to police and the city for the danger I caused shooting guns in the city.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:04 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,249,261 times
Good day,

I just perused on line, USA Today, posted an article, indicating the Officer has been placed on desk duty....

Old 09-01-2021, 10:05 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
The issue is not supporting our police when they are correctly doing their job...while reinforcing citizens to play the victim card instead of comply...snowballs into police feeling powerless and crime rising across all categories.

Take the Adam Toledo example (13 years old) and Ruben Roman (21 year old). At 230AM they are shooting a gun in Little Village. Police get called, they run, police chase and shoot Toledo less than a second after he drops a gun and turns that police bodycam footage shows him holding. The police are heroes right? Wrong. The police get blamed for excessive force and a new CPD policy is enacted not allowing officers to pursue a suspect that commits a misdemeanor unless the person poses an “obvious” threat to the community. You mean like...oh I don't know...SHOOTING A GUN IN LITTLE VILLAGE???

Adam Toledo all of the sudden becomes a victim. Mayor Lightfoot says we failed him. Citizens protest police "brutality". CPD receives no support. Family has or will file a lawsuit and get a multi-million dollar settlement making Toledo a "victim". And the circus continues...

Meanwhile if when I was 13 and shooting a gun on the streets of Chicago at 230AM and police chased and shot me out of fear for their life my parents would be sad but ultimately their reaction would be "play stupid games...win stupid prizes" and they would be apologizing to police and the city for the danger I caused shooting guns in the city.
Pretty much this. No one, most of all good cops, want bad cops on the street. Those officers should be removed. But we should support officers who did their best under difficult circumstances. I believe the above situation was one of them.

Note how the Toledo story pretty much died after the initial uproar. My quick google search shows nothing of substance written on the matter since April 19, 2021. So apparently, the media does not think it fits the narrative either. Yet the officer was, albeit temporarily, crucified. That's got to change.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:39 AM

249 posts, read 182,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post

Comparing gangbangers shooting to a woman walking her toy dog after hours is a bit of a stretch. Lightfoot is right, Toledo was failed by many people. 13 year old thugs arent born they are made and it was more than one person that had a hand in that.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Anyone who expects monumental patience and utmost professionalism from a cop when he's dealing with a total a-hole, you're either naive or intellectually dishonest.

Go to a restaurant with that same expectation, and treat the waitstaff with utter contempt, just be a total prick to them. When that plate of food arrives, how confident would you be it's 100% free of some body fluid? Go ahead, take a bite.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:37 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Anyone who expects monumental patience and utmost professionalism from a cop when he's dealing with a total a-hole, you're either naive or intellectually dishonest.

Go to a restaurant with that same expectation, and treat the waitstaff with utter contempt, just be a total prick to them. When that plate of food arrives, how confident would you be it's 100% free of some body fluid? Go ahead, take a bite.
bingo, we have a winner..

people in chiraq feel emboldened now to insult, harass, and disrespect everyone, from strangers walking by,(witness the sheetstorm posted a few posts up)to the police who are mostly trying to keep the city from exploding in crime

yea, the chick walking her dog was just another victim of police brutality, racial profiling, what ever the snowflakes scream when someone confronts them for being a jerk..

Laughable...

Old 09-01-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Comparing gangbangers shooting to a woman walking her toy dog after hours is a bit of a stretch. Lightfoot is right, Toledo was failed by many people. 13 year old thugs arent born they are made and it was more than one person that had a hand in that.
Absolutely. Starting with the family, and the so-called adult who was with him, and the gangbangers who were using him as a shortie if that was the case. It's a systemic problem, and not in the way that term is being used today .

As to the woman and her small dog. I agree that looks terrible. We should of course wait for the investigation result but I cannot see how that officer's response could have been justified, unless she said something like "I've got a gun on me and I'm going to kill you," and he reasonably believed that could be true. I don't care if she was MF'ing him the whole way. There was no reason to do it, especially in this climate. Things like this drive good cops crazy.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
bingo, we have a winner..

people in chiraq feel emboldened now to insult, harass, and disrespect everyone, from strangers walking by,(witness the sheetstorm posted a few posts up)to the police who are mostly trying to keep the city from exploding in crime

yea, the chick walking her dog was just another victim of police brutality, racial profiling, what ever the snowflakes scream when someone confronts them for being a jerk..

Laughable...
She may or may not been insulting him but unfortunately when you're an officer that comes with the territory. Always has, though it's elevated now true. Waiting for more facts but insults wouldn't make this justifiable.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
She may or may not been insulting him but unfortunately when you're an officer that comes with the territory. Always has, though it's elevated now true. Waiting for more facts but insults wouldn't make this justifiable.
She's not compliant with directions to clear the park, that's the long and short of it. He told her to leave, he's out there shooing her along, she keeps stopping, screwing with her phone, all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago