Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesterUnited View Post
Hi, I'm also moving to Chicago in June! However, I'm in the 3bd market. Anyway, here's a site with some lincoln park apts:

Chestnut Place Apartment Types

Note that there's also links on the bottom of that page to other buildings. Also, I don't believe there's a large number of high rises in Lincoln Park, so keep that in mind.

Another good site is hotpads. It's a map based search, and the icons indicate the size of the buildings.

HotPads.com - Chicago, IL Real Estate, Apartments, Homes for Rent and for Sale (http://hotpads.com/map/cities/IL/Chicago.htm - broken link)

Good luck!

Just so you know, Chestnut Place is in the Gold Coast, not Lincoln Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,809 times
Most of the highrise buildings in Lincoln Park will be on the streets closest to the lake... Lakeview Avenue in particular, and some on Lincoln Park West (although those are mostly vintage midrises). Most of those are condos and very, very expensive, however.

Try 2626 Lakeview, 2650 Lakeview, or 2800 North Lake Shore Drive (that's actually in Lakeview, not Lincoln Park, but just across the border). Those are all condo buildings, but usually someone has something available for rent. Do a search on craigslist where you can plug in those addresses.

There are also a handful of highrises scattered along Clark Street, if you don't mind living along a busy commercial street. 2555 North Clark is one that comes to mind... click here for their website. It's a rental and has balconies... a 1BR there will probably be at the top of your price range, as will the other buildings I mentioned. Lincoln Park is not a cheap neighborhood.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM

217 posts, read 680,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
Just so you know, Chestnut Place is in the Gold Coast, not Lincoln Park.
Agreed, but it's just south of Lincoln Park, and other buildings linked on that site are in Lincoln Park.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM

22 posts, read 103,841 times
wow you guys are a huge help...andrew61 i'll definitely be using your advice as well as everyone elses...if i just walk into those buildings can i see a room? or do i usually have to make an appointment to see a place available for rent????

Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsurd View Post
wow you guys are a huge help...andrew61 i'll definitely be using your advice as well as everyone elses...if i just walk into those buildings can i see a room? or do i usually have to make an appointment to see a place available for rent????
Most places that are solely apartments have a leasing office that is open during business hours, so you can usually wait to see someone. If they are mainly condos but some people are renting individuals units, then you likely need to make an appointment.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:07 PM

^^^Thanks for the quick response...huge help!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 AM

15 posts, read 41,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsurd View Post
Hey guys!

I've used the forum for about the last 3 weeks for help, but this is really the only question i can't find....I'm meeting with apartment finders tomorrow morning, but after i am done with them, i want to do a little walking on my own....so:

I'm looking for a high rise apartment building (don't ask me why, i just do!), located in lincoln park...any suggestions? What areas should i focus my search on? Anybody have any experience with high-rise buildings that way?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
2020 Lincoln Park West and 2000 Lincoln Park West are also two condo buildings that usually have units for rent... AND 2020 has a pancake place right next to it! BONUS!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 PM

well thanks to everyones help...i secured a place at The Park Lincoln....i love it, balcony, great management, clean and big....thanks for everyones help!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Good luck. Great location!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Congrats! When are ya moving in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: