Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2019, 05:07 PM

85 posts, read 70,102 times

Advertisements

Does anyone who lived in suburbs for majority of life and moved to city feel conflicted on witch lifestyle is better. I moved to north side seven years ago to roscoe village.

I enjoy the city but sometimes me and spouse go to suburbs like Schaumburg for shopping. We go to starved rock, Morton aubatorium, chicago botanic garden twice a year. But we love chicago parks. We probably go to suburbs couple times a month and when we come back we are like why did we drive out there. I mean I like some suburbs but driving is waste of time.

It seems like hardcore Chicagoans who grew up in city never leave city.

I also sometimes miss going to movies in suburbs just driving free parking.

I personally feel when you grow up in suburbs and move to city in your early thirties you van not get the suburbs out of your DNA.

I think the city and suburbs both have perks I enjoy having more access to technology and public transportation in the city but I miss the privacy of the suburbs.

Is anyone else who is from suburbs conflicted or miss something about the suburbs but maybe not enough to move back? I am conflicted about where I will spend rest of life.

Talking less about commutes and if you have kids or not . I do not have kids . Just talking about lifestyle differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 07:06 PM

1,022 posts, read 779,257 times
I grew up in the burbs and could not wait to move to the city and still prefer it to the burbs. There is nothing to do in the suburbs. The city is beautiful and exciting.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM

720 posts, read 1,089,687 times
Mixed bag. The city is more fun and has more to do - though I don't like how long it takes to get to certain places (E-W transit is a pain), lack of parking, taxes and a lot of what the city itself seems to stand for.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 PM

381 posts, read 351,741 times
I grew up in the city and we moved to the burbs.

The working class people dreamed of having a home with a yard.

You suburb people dream of being around fast pace.

I love in an inner ring burb. So i don't need a car technically, but going west becomes car oriented fast. I don't like that.

I am okay with the inner ring middle ground. But i wouldn't like a ppace like Schaumburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago