Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:59 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,803,926 times

Advertisements

Refer back to this post, NearWestSider. I'm tired of repeating myself.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...ml#post3414409

Old 12-16-2008, 02:59 PM

838 posts, read 3,097,917 times
I failed to see the many amenities available in LV or LP not found in neighborhoods such as old town, or gold coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
NearWestSider fails to realize that Lincoln Park and Lakeview offer many ammenities that aren't available in othe neighborhoods. What a ridiculous post. I just sounds jealous and petty.

For the record, I don't live in Lincoln Park or Lakeview.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnparker View Post
I failed to see the many amenities available in LV or LP not found in neighborhoods such as old town, or gold coast
Well Lincoln Park and Lake View are cheaper for the most part than Old Town or Gold Coast.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
...the Blue Light...
I attempted to go to the Blue Light Saturday night for the first time in about 5 years. This place was had some hipsters, but was mostly populated by hip hop style gangbangers.

Not my style at all.

I went to Under Bar instead.

Not much better. Way more hipsters, but still very uncomfortable.

I would take the hillbillies anyday over this crap.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 PM

103 posts, read 91,735 times
The 1989 Patrick Swayze, RIP, movie , "Next of Kin" took place in Chicago. Not sure if he and his kin lived on the Northside, but they certainly do appear to be Hillbillies.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:40 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,524,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
The anti-Big 10 graduate rants only work if you went to an Ivy League School, or something like Stanford or the University of Chicago. You can't pull it off if you went to NIU, Southern, or a City College. That would be reverse snobbery Either way it's pretty obnoxious.

I've heard that some of the Uptown hillbillys are still around, but I've don't ever see them. Apparently their kids/grandkids look like white gangsta wannabes.
What is wrong with the big 10 exactly? Didn't understand that... I haven't seen similar anti SEC Big East or ACC in their regions...

Isn't most of the big 10 pretty high quality schools?

To me it seems like saying, "these college educated people".

Geographically, Chicago is predisposed to getting people from the universities in the region...

Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,273,634 times
Default I Did you see the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
The 1989 Patrick Swayze, RIP, movie , "Next of Kin" took place in Chicago. Not sure if he and his kin lived on the Northside, but they certainly do appear to be Hillbillies.
He was a Chicago cop; she a violin teacher. The city was at war with the crime families who had a inter- war between three crime families. When one of the dumber smart boys of the crime family - that just didn't understand the rules of engagement between Chicago and the Mob - targeted Jessie (Swaze's wife), he called his brother.

When the mob killed his brother - the family came out of the Mountains for retribution. It ended in a spectacular night fight in an old cemetery. Oncethe fighting stopped the smart boy son of the Mob boss that started the war with Swaze was dead. The father killed him to end the war; it was bad for business. Presumably it was business as usual -minus the kiliings- between Chicago and the Mob - the next day.

It is a great action movie with lots of props and great gags.

The brother that was killed rented a room in fleabag hotel near trains. It felt to me like it was not far from the Loop but I can't say that for sure. Some of the action was shot in the Loop under the EL. Liam Nielson was the brother that was killed early in the movie. He missed all the fun.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM

81 posts, read 110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
...Liam Nielson was the brother that was killed early in the movie. He missed all the fun.
No. That was Bill Paxton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago