Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 03:48 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,439,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Anyone else notice the Chicago rental market softening? I have properties in East Humboldt, Logan Square and Lakeview. Apartments are recently renovated in last few years. A few units opened up this summer and they were tough to rent. Noticed the quality of tenant looking declined and had to lower price a bit from last year (approx. 5%). Last year and the year before I could raise rents 5-10% YOY, had dozens of responses to my ads and tenants would snap up the property in days even if I was in the middle of renovating (and they could only envision final product).

Certainly I understand the apartment building boom downtown has increased the supply but just surprised how quickly that happened. I expect rental prices to decline further in 2018 when another 8,000 new units come online. Curious what other landlords / renters have experienced...
We cannot assume the entire Chicago rental market is softening based on the status of a few properties. Who is your target market? Price range? How do your amenities compare to the competition? Have your properties been kept up-to-date? How are you marketing/advertising the properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago