Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:57 AM

4,653 posts, read 3,264,125 times

Advertisements

Well then I guess if we were to use Lawrence Avenue (for sake of argument) as a sort of topic for divider of Lincoln Square, as a visitor, what I have enjoyed...
North of Lawrence: San Soo Gab San restaurant, Shelly's, River Park, Winnemac Park, the Bowmanville neighborhood.
South of Lawrence: Obviously the Plaza (including dining at Garcia's, reading at Book Cellar), the annual MaiFest and Octoberfests, Welles Park, the Sulzer Library.
Sometimes I drive through. Sometimes I get out and walk. Sometimes I bring down my bicycle and ride through the neighborhood. the people are great everywhere!
So in this writer's humble opinion, overall, I give Lincoln Square as a whole, a definite thumbs up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 12:53 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
andrew61, you mentioned that you were not familiar with River Park. But it is, in fact, the large park near the northwestern section of Lincoln Square, very close to the area that you indicated that you are such a fan of! I'm surprised you would not have known about it. It is a large park, a nice playground, a huge pool, and a GREAT splashpad (for those readers that have children!)
OK, yes. In fact I have walked through that park many times. I guess I just never paid attention to its name.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:58 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,991,583 times
I'm talking specifically about the area just north of Lawrence and just west of Lincoln. I looked at an apartment over there 2 years ago and it seemed pretty dense with fairly mediocre looking apartment buildings. I'm in Bowmanville now which I like more than that one specific area. I know that there are nice parts closing to North Park U.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 AM

4,653 posts, read 3,264,125 times
knitgirl, nice to hear you found a place in Bowmanville. Often when I bring my bicycle down, I park in Bowmanville. It's a very nice, quiet, safe and clean area. The people seem friendly and are community-oriented. Congratulations!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:57 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,922,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
The far northwestern corner of Lincoln Square has some beautiful residential areas and actually feels very suburban.
That's Budlong Woods.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:24 PM

33 posts, read 38,784 times
Lincoln square is nice but North center is the best nieghborhood in Chicago if your not rich.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:20 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,991,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound2 View Post
Lincoln square is nice but North center is the best nieghborhood in Chicago if your not rich.
Why is that? I'm curious to see what you have to say.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:56 PM

For one it is in the center of the Northside. A couple blocks walk to the heart of Lincoln square , two brown line stops, a mile from Wrigley Field , they are remaking the North center Town square to be like a mini milenium park, it borders a lot of parks and the Chicago river. The Chicago river acts as a natural barrier keeping the nieghborhood more secluded. It is surrounded by nice nieghborhoods. Lots of nice places to eat . Lincoln square has just the square North center should just annex it. North center includes Roscoe village which is nice. We have good festivals rib fest, burger fest. We have half acre micro brewery. I think it's a very walkable nieghborhood and dare I say low crime but no need to talk about that further.

I say if your not rich because if you compare to anything south of Lakeview it is similar lifestyle at lower cost but not for long.

Mixture of families and singles.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:49 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
I like North Center, but I don't understand where you're coming from. What part of North Center is becoming like Millenium Park? And while there are very nice sections of NC that are walkable, the main thoroughfares are kind of chopped up through there. Lincoln, for example, has several areas where the street wall is broken up by parking lots or rail right of way. The section of Lincoln from Montrose to Lawrence has more continuous activity, I'd argue.

I don't know. North Center is nice and I'd live there in a heartbeat, but I don't get the case for why it's better than LS.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:06 PM

I think all of NC is nice and I only like the stretch of LS from Montrose to lawtence then there is not much to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dna...-port-urbanism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago