Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:33 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenieSD View Post
Chicago has shortage of men and commitment shortage from those men. There are way more single females statistically speaking. Depending on what you are looking for, I don't think you'd have an issue in the city.
Suburbs may be different.
Can anyone explain to me why there is a shortage of White men over White women?

Cuz I'd say it's close to a 50/50 ratio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
The single's scene here is awesome. Let me tell you, I am a very average looking guy in his 40s and I get approached all of the time, whether its to chat or to suss out my availability. I think the fact that I'm making no effort is actually appealing to them. I am married but don't wear a ring, so sometimes the conversation ends pretty quickly when I tell them that, but sometimes they hang out and want to talk anyways. I am not a philanderer but I do enjoy the company of women, so this is not a problem for me. I have many female friends, and I'm sure if I was available, I would be dating some of them. Again, I am very average looking, and don't dress sharp of anything like that. If you ave ok looking and confident without being cocky (and don't approach women aggressively) you will do just fine here in Chicago.

Neal, your heart is in the right place, but you should never ever ever dispense advice about meeting women. Ever.
Yea quigboto and if you understood what I said, maybe if I put a pair of glasses on and acted geeky, I probably would get approached by a lot of geeky women.

In fact, if I understoof the w4m missed connection part on Craigslist about guys that are redheads with beards, and sometimes the women describe themselves, I'd say the White-side of Craigslist's w4m missed connections are hipsters women looking for hipster men. And probably hipster women constantly approach hipster men.

It's the non-hipster women that don't approach the non-hipster men.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:02 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Yea quigboto and if you understood what I said, maybe if I put a pair of glasses on and acted geeky, I probably would get approached by a lot of geeky women.

In fact, if I understoof the w4m missed connection part on Craigslist about guys that are redheads with beards, and sometimes the women describe themselves, I'd say the White-side of Craigslist's w4m missed connections are hipsters women looking for hipster men. And probably hipster women constantly approach hipster men.

It's the non-hipster women that don't approach the non-hipster men.
Then try something different. Do as nature intended and approach them instead of waiting for them to come to you. Or die alone. That's always an option.

BTW, geeky women are awesome, but they aren't the only types who approach me.

Try match.com. Maybe you'll meet the female version of yourself. You never know!

Old 05-19-2016, 09:07 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post

Basically, White women are more afraid of outsiders. I could never see myself with a White woman, because they're too afraid, unless I was introduced to her by her friends. All the articles about women being attractive to masculine men seem to not be true for White women since they seem to be into nerdy, geeky guys.
Unless they're drunk!

Old 05-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Unless they're drunk!
Or mad at their parents!

(Or both!)

Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 AM

But seriously Neal, I wholeheartedly disagree with blanket statements like "White women are more afraid of outsiders". That's utter nonsense, at least in my experience. I don't find it at all unusual to see white women in the company of non-whites.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
But seriously Neal, I wholeheartedly disagree with blanket statements like "White women are more afraid of outsiders".
That's only an issue if you think it is the case with less than 50% of White women.

Quote:
That's utter nonsense, at least in my experience. I don't find it at all unusual to see white women in the company of non-whites.
Yea, and so what. Non-Whites and outsiders, are 2 different things.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
But seriously Neal, I wholeheartedly disagree with blanket statements like "White women are more afraid of outsiders". That's utter nonsense, at least in my experience. I don't find it at all unusual to see white women in the company of non-whites.
I think Neal has a point. I wouldn't say it's white women. I would say it's white women that come here from other parts of the Midwest. In general they seem very inclusive but at the same time I get it. I'm Latino, Bi, and white woman don't do much for me. I like Latin women and Latin men more, those are on top in regards to attraction. White men and black women and Asian women are next. Asian men, black guys, and white women don't do much for me. Doesn't mean I won't date them it means I don't normally or actively pursue them.

I think it's more just people's preferences. It's just in Chicago the professional class is majority white and many tend to date other whites, doesn't mean they are t open just means that their preference.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:38 AM

Just has to do with the environment people grew up in. Most White people above the high school age are not from Chicago. Hispanic and Black girls that attend the CPS are used to being hit on by guys their whole life.

And yes, I have seen White women on the Blue Line at night in bikinis and barefoot, with large co-ed college groups. But White women on the el solo just don't show as much cleavage as the Hispanic and Black counterparts.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:40 AM

155 posts, read 160,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
these offices always had a whole lot more women than men. I mean it wasn't even close. and when it comes to black men in a office setting, there are virtually none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
It's just in Chicago the professional class is majority white and many tend to date other whites, doesn't mean they are t open just means that their preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenieSD View Post
Chicago has shortage of men and commitment shortage from those men.
Why I am single in a nutshell LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago