Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM

93 posts, read 367,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
Chicago Social Club
match.com
Rush and Division
Chicago Social Club - a little weird for my taste, but I did notice how people in this club have a hard time meeting people.

Match.com - it's joke, most people don't pay, just like to see if people send them emails or not, a lot of weirdos on there too, wouldn't waste your money

Rush and Division - like meeting a boyfriend, you don't want to pick him or friends from a bar scene.

The BEST way to meet friends, from my experience, was when I joined a baseball team in the city. Many of us were around the same age, we all got along, we started hanging out after games, now we do all kinds of things together and met a TON more people through them.

Another way I met people was at parties. Don't confuse this with the meat market random pickup bar scene. I mean people have house parties or they have a party at a bar with some all you can drink special. If you ever get the opportunity to go to a party you should take it, at least make an appearance, it's actually a great way to meet people and not like when you met people at college parties. People here aren't passing out drunk, but actually socializing.

I'm in my mid 20's and I'm going to a party this saturday if you want to possibly come along. Send me a PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago