Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 06:53 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,110,386 times

Advertisements

Heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 07:05 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
There is always NEXT YEAR!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:15 PM

347 posts, read 521,806 times
The Cubs have proven once again what a joke of a franchise they are. Wow, do they suck!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:24 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,282,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
The Cubs have proven once again what a joke of a franchise they are. Wow, do they suck!
You Troll threads and because of Politics mock anything on Chicago. If you are happy in Montana? Don't worry about Chicago. The Cubs..... EARNED THEIR WILDCARD TRY..... WITH ROOKIES. THEY STILL GAINED RESPECT.

Ironically the Chicago Cubs are like America's Team. All root for unless up against their team... I live in PA. Yet Sooooo many were still rooting for the Cubs..... its a come from behind team this year.....and their iconic Wrigley Field. That sooooo many tourist still want to see. It is in a great neighborhood and City that IMPRESSES VISITORS.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:45 PM

347 posts, read 521,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
You Troll threads and because of Politics mock anything on Chicago. If you are happy in Montana? Don't worry about Chicago. The Cubs..... EARNED THEIR WILDCARD TRY..... WITH ROOKIES. THEY STILL GAINED RESPECT.

Ironically the Chicago Cubs are like America's Team. All root for unless up against their team... I live in PA. Yet Sooooo many were still rooting for the Cubs..... its a come from behind team this year.....and their iconic Wrigley Field. That sooooo many tourist still want to see. It is in a great neighborhood and City that IMPRESSES VISITORS.
So speaking the truth is trolling, eh? Believe it or not, I was rooting for the Cubs.....but they showed me once again why they are who they are. I lived in Chicago on and off for for almost 20 years. I have as much a right to post here or not. I tell the truth about matters that people would rather not acknowledge. If you have a problem with that, that's your issue....not mine.

By the way, your logic is fallacious. How does being happy where I live now mean that I shouldn't care about what happens in Chicago?

Old 10-21-2015, 09:45 PM

373 posts, read 368,068 times
Quote:
Oh GTFOH. This team had a major turn around. Madden will get Chicago a championship. The inexperienced showed. Bad defense. Bad hitting. Bad pitching.

GO CUBS-fan since 94

Old 10-22-2015, 06:44 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,923,552 times
The Cubs came up a bit short, especially in the hitting department, but the Mets are playing a bit over their heads right now..

Old 10-22-2015, 07:24 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,771,203 times
The Cubs had the third best record in baseball this year. 97 wins is far from sucking. Their lack of playoff experience was evident, or maybe they choked or fell into a slump. Whatever, but if you have watched the Cubs and really followed the team it is clear this team don't suck. They have had plenty of teams that sucked, just not this one.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:28 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,282,012 times
Quote:
So speaking the truth is trolling, eh? Believe it or not, I was rooting for the Cubs.....but they showed me once again why they are who they are. I lived in Chicago on and off for for almost 20 years. I have as much a right to post here or not. I tell the truth about matters that people would rather not acknowledge. If you have a problem with that, that's your issue....not mine.

By the way, your logic is fallacious. How does being happy where I live now mean that I shouldn't care about what happens in Chicago?
When I see ANY POSITIVE you Post on Chicago I will note it. Make me wonder if you didn't take over a bunker/underground home a 60s hippy built expecting the end of the world. Just a thought. Only truth of my thoughts.

All Big cities have issues. But also positives. I lived in Chicago 6 years. But them 6 years endeared me to that city more then my hometown.... I live near by my Elderly Mother and hometown now in PA. Chicago still impresses me on yearly trips and I note them.

I surely would understand if moved from Chicago feeling a victim of crime or Racial change or even from Young Urban Professionals displacement in Gentrification. But that.... the city needs. Our older Northern cities would ALL be under without it. The Crash hit them hard. But the they did restore older housing, created a by living there. Making once abandoned areas of what is River North. Now a Vibrant part of Downtown and the City did its share to improve infrastructure in these areas.

But again... I merely noted I never saw a positive point of opinion from you on Chicago? So I noted that and you did not refute it. Mere note in your reply.... you will continue it if. It's my issue.

Well my opinion is if virtually ALL comments on Chicago are negative.... that is that persons problem and I merely pointed it out. If you did not like me pointing it out.....

The Cubs came from behind with a push by rookies winning like 8 last straight games. Showed a lot of promise in the wild card games. But perhaps the curse.... still stands. I said if they won.... the Doomsday clock would have struck 12 ..... . But your comment was to kick when down. Not noting the come from behind that got them in the play-offs with rookies.

But we can agree to disagree..... but I too will comment against total negativity on something I see uncalled for.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:45 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
As a Met fan, I genuinely felt for people in the stands at Wrigley after the game got out of hand early.

I'm hoping the Mets have a good run for 2 or 3 years, and the Cubs win it after that. Maybe they can get their hands on one of our free agent pitchers once we can't afford to pay them all 20 million per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: