Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM

15 posts, read 41,758 times

Advertisements

I don't drink and I'm not looking for a date. Are there any special events or general activities happening around Boys Town tomorrow? I'm taking a day trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 07:34 PM

467 posts, read 1,892,590 times
The Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival was this weekend (23-24th). I don't think anything special is happening tomorrow, though.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,635,538 times
If you don't drink there is nothing to do in Boystown on Halsted. Instead, maybe spend some time in Andersonville or Lincoln Square. Lots of nice shops and restaurants in these areas and maybe some music in Lincoln Square.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:37 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,958,988 times
^ Do you honestly think that Boystown is 100% bars? There are stores/shops, some small art galleries, etc there and of course some restaurants.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,635,538 times
I live just North of Boystown and I can tell you every shop on every street. One can visit Whole Foods or the 7 eleven if they are not interested in drinking. Broadway is a different story with some interesting shops and a bookstore. It's not my fault that Halstead is full of bars and pretty much nothing else. It is what the community desires. Even the so-called special music events is basically about drinking except for the annual arts festival.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:46 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I live just North of Boystown and I can tell you every shop on every street. One can visit Whole Foods or the 7 eleven if they are not interested in drinking. Broadway is a different story with some interesting shops and a bookstore. It's not my fault that Halstead is full of bars and pretty much nothing else. It is what the community desires. Even the so-called special music events is basically about drinking except for the annual arts festival.
Well, right - technically. But Broadway is just one block over so why be so literal?! If you can walk up and down Halsted you can just as easily walk one block over to Broadway...

Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,958,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
There's a small handful of more adult related stores there as well as a few art galleries. Besides, Broadway is a 3 minute walk from Halsted - what's your point? It's like pointing out to someone that there's not many clothing stores on State Street north of the river and not pointing out that Michigan Avenue is just a few minutes away.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:02 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,227,066 times
It's IML, which draws many many thousands of people into town and the neighborhood from other cities and actually around the world. I heard a ton of different languages walking Halsted this weekend, and the area is much more busy than normal.

I assume you were gay to ask? Were you in town for IML or just a coincidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago