Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:42 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times

Advertisements

To add onto the list above:
* 6030 N Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60660 is For Rent | Zillow
* 5727 N Winthrop Ave APT 303, Chicago, IL 60660 is For Rent | Zillow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 06:43 PM

11 posts, read 10,163 times
I don't like the facade of those buildings except the one on 6102 Sheridan, but that one is an advertisement from one of those rental agency so I think it's just a lure to get you in the office based on the Yelp reviews.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:48 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citigal55 View Post
I don't like the facade of those buildings except the one on 6102 Sheridan, but that one is an advertisement from one of those rental agency so I think it's just a lure to get you in the office based on the Yelp reviews.
Are you more concerned with how your living space is or how the outside of your building that you may see only a few times per day for a few seconds looks? The first one doesn't even have a pic of the building facade anyway. And the one you think is a lure - doubtful, but you'll never know unless you look.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:58 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Andersonville is a bit too far west for me. I have evening activities and I was looking for something that could allow me to take a bus and step out in front or block away from the apartment. I consider run down and tacky unkept lawns, torn up apartment doors, mouse droppings inside the unit, dirty unclean floors and walls (although I was told the unit was cleaned), dingy building facade and dark hallways, dark apartments. By the way, what's up with the windows in near the showers?
You think it's too far west?? I walk to Foster beach from my apartment in 15 minutes tops.. lol The Clark street bus ( 22 ) runs right through Andersonville as well as 50 and 92. The red line is a 10 minute walk.
Rogers Park isn't any more East than Andersonville and it isn't as nice either.

The places you were looking at were probably not in the best areas. I wouldn't give up yet.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:52 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Andersonville is a bit too far west for me. I have evening activities and I was looking for something that could allow me to take a bus and step out in front or block away from the apartment.
The Clark Street bus runs right down the middle of Andersonville; the Damen bus also runs on Foster from Damen to Ashland, then runs on Ashland between Foster and Clark.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:04 PM

304 posts, read 364,398 times
Quote:
I am a single black woman looking for a neighborhood that is close to where I work (which is Evanston). I am looking for apartments in Evanston, of course, but I am also looking at Edgewater. I have heard some bad things about Rogers Park so I am avoiding that area. Are there any other neighborhoods that are safe and affordable? My rent budget is $1000 - 1200/month.
You should seriously consider anything in the nicer parts of Rogers Park, Uptown, Buena Park, Andersonville. When you say you're a black female what are you insinuating? That you might want to be around some other blacks as opposed to being the only black chick? I'm just curious. Uptown and Rogers Park have sections that are very nice and affordable along with diversity and there will be other blacks. There are certain sections of these hoods you will want to avoid, I can tell by your posts. Why don't you look in the border of Edgewater/Uptown for a studio in one of the high rises? Like east of N Broadway around Lawrence, those highrises near the lake are affordable.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:12 PM

10 posts, read 15,684 times
Buena Park is wonderful. All the benefits of living in "Lakeview North" (lol) but - excuse me Uptown residents - safer than Uptown. Take a walk around the beautiful St Mary's of the Lake church, the little park behind in on the circle, then stroll down Kenmore - really nice older brick homes, and buildings.

I don't think you can make a mistake here - honestly! Plus there's a great Chicago Public LIbrary on the corner and you can walk to Wrigley Field and the good restaurants on N. Sheridan - by the el.

Good luck - email me if you want more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago