Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times

Advertisements

Again.....when will people learn not to challenge the parking gods (city meter maids and/or private tow companies).
It's one of the $hitty lessons in life you learn the hard way but just have to accept as law, regardless whether it's based in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 03:58 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,483 times
You are soooo right.
Rumor has it the management company has been experiencing problems with construction workers parking there and put a "tow all cars" order. Wtf? Even paid cars? Guests?
Then who is safe.

I have got to see this thru now. They dont take care of the grounds or tenants...in fact one condo group fired them!

Shame on them.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:39 PM

Im calling Pam! (zekman)

Last edited by hellothereIN; 03-01-2015 at 04:52 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 04:44 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
no what I'm saying is - since #1 was snowy, you said that you decided to make #2 the #1 spot. so you re-numbered the spots in your mind. it doesn't work that way. #1 is #1 no matter if it is full of snow or what. so since you took someone's spot that is reserved for them, you made a mistake and got a ticket.

Like if my parking space that is reserved for me is #6, you can never park in #6 no matter how you justify it.
I think you've misunderstood him twice now. He said the TOW DRIVER may have counted wrong because parking space #1 was snowed in ... so the tow driver saw that the OP was in what looked like the 3rd space, but the OP paid for -- and was in -- space #4. As he wrote, the tow driver could have just looked at the sign for the space, which was #4.

At least that's how I read it.

OP, a couple of weeks ago just after yet another big storm here, I parked in a spot at my workplace that was legal as far as I could tell. JUST IN CASE, I took a couple of pictures with my phone showing that there were no visible "no parking" signs. It seems nuts, but parking lots can get crazy after snowstorms.

I think you DO need to insist on seeing the video -- don't let them put you off. $218 is a lot of money to lose for absolutely nothing!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:00 PM

Yes, karen, you are correct. Number one was not used. Had number 1 painted on lot and a sign on the brick building as did all of spaces 2-6. I called rendered services, and Bill the owner, claims driver looked at meter and #4 was expired.
I asked if there is proof, number on lot, building that shows where i am parked. He ssid no. Meter four had over an hour of time. He is claiming no. I would have to get company that keeps receipts of money in meter.
I do have an email from family holding #4 for my car. She fed meter as well.
How would i find receipts for meter?

Its that important. Its not fair. I am a guest. There were three open spots. One, five and six. I paid for twelve hours of parking.
Need to find management of river lofts on western real quick.
Takes me a while to make that $218 at work. Hard work. Plus the money in the meter.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:25 PM

321 posts, read 861,351 times
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$

Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 PM

426 posts, read 334,309 times
Motorists looking to lodge a complaint against a tow company can call the commerce commission's police department at 847-294-4326. Rendered Services Towing has a terrible reputation and is being investigated by the City of Chicago. They were recently featured on TV for their fraudulent towing practices.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 4,244 times
We haven't had problems yet but as Canadians we are concerned about some of the shady things here! We'll be on the lookout for towing scams!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: